Who needs Salon Owners Insurance?
Salon insurance is essential if you own a small beauty salon or similar business. This is because you can be sued as a business owner – even if you have done nothing wrong. As a salon owner, a client may consider you liable for a haircut gone wrong, causing serious injury to the client’s scalp, even slip and fall injuries to your customers can make you liable. Your best solution is to protect yourself with salon insurance.
Fortunately, Hiscox understands what it takes to insure beauty salons and help their owners take control of their businesses. Each beauty salon is unique, and we are able to help you prepare for unfortunate situations that could arise as a result of the services you provide.
Salon owners may offer services related to hair, nails, facial treatments, body treatments, and various other spa services. Therefore, you may also be interested in the specific types of beauty salon insurance that we provide to professionals in this industry. Take a look at the offerings below.
Example professions we insure
Insurance policies available for Salon Owners
Professional liability insurance - sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services, such as salon businesses like yours. One great reason to have insurance for beauty salon businesses is to protect you and your staff for accidental errors and when you don’t make a mistake but are still accused of doing so by someone.
When is it important to have professional liability insurance for salon owners? The reasons are abundant and include the following scenarios:
- Alleged negligence: A small salon owner is dyeing a client’s hair and leaves the treatment on for too long, which results in scalp burns and hair damage. The client sues for emotional distress, bodily injury from the burns, and loss of wages because she could not return to work in a timely manner. Professional liability insurance may protect the salon owner if such a claim is made.
- Loss of personal information: By mistake, you misplace your client’s personal financial information. It was an accident, of course, but the information is compromised, and your client is exposed to fraud. If your client sues you, we may cover claims subject to your limit of insurance.
Salon owners are entrusted with personal and private client information, including credit card numbers, addresses, and perhaps even medical information. It’s important to keep that information safe and protect yourself with beauty salon insurance in case anything is lost.
General liability insurance - sometimes called commercial general liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily or personal injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. A client could sue you for claims of emotional distress, lost wages or for an injury sustained while walking into your salon’s door.
Having salon owner’s insurance for general liability is beneficial in several instances. Here are a few industry-specific examples to demonstrate what we mean:
- Property damage: You’re visiting a client’s home for a makeover and accidentally knock over a piece of artwork, breaking it. Your general liability policy will respond to a subsequent covered claim, up to your policy's limits of liability.
- Bodily injury: At your salon on a rainy day, one of the esthetician’s customers has arrived for an appointment. The salon floor was wet and the customer falls and twists her ankle, and now requires emergency treatment. General liability insurance protects estheticians and salon owners against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, personal injury and property damage.
All of these are unfortunate situations, but even in our best attempts to avoid them, there's still no guarantee they won't occur. In case of accidents like the ones above, it’s a smart idea to have the security provided by salon owner insurance at all times.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs for your business.
Why do Salon Owners choose Hiscox?
Here are some of the many reasons why Hiscox customers love their salon owner insurance and feel empowered to run successful businesses:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your salon. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET. Small business owners owe it to themselves to stay safe, protected, and provided for with liability insurance for salons. We look forward to working with you and helping your salon business succeed for many years to come.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Marc J., San Diego, CA
“Very consumer friendly experience. Purchased the insurance I needed fast.”
Timely, to the point purchase. No hassle. Purchased on my time when it was convenient.
Very responsive and professional
Sheron, Fort Lauderdale, FL
They are inexpensive and punctual. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for business insurance.
Katie, Philadelphia, PA
My experience was incredible! My agent was responsive, informed, and very knowledgeable. I had my insurance policy within 48 hours!
Margaret, Henderson, TN
Great service. Very helpful.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.