Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for salon owners?
Salon insurance is essential if you own a small beauty salon or similar business. You can be sued – even if you have done nothing wrong. As a salon owner you can be sued over anything from a haircut gone wrong, to serious injury to the client’s scalp; even slipping and mistakenly injuring your customer can make you liable. Your best solution is to protect yourself with salon insurance.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Protection even if you haven’t made a mistake: A small salon owner is dying a client’s hair and leaves the treatment on for too long, which results in scalp burns and hair damage. The client sues for emotional distress, bodily injury from the burns, and loss of wages because she could not return to work. Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance, could protect you if such a claim is made.
- Loss of personal information: By mistake, you misplace client’s personal financial information. It was an accident of course, but the information is compromised, and your client is exposed to fraud. If your client sues you, we will cover claims subject to your limit of insurance.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Claims of emotional distress, expenses and lost work: You are cutting the hair of a regular client. The client tells the you that she is waiting for an important phone call about a new job opportunity. When the receptionist alerts the client about the call, she runs to the phone, trips over an electrical cord and fractures her ankle. She makes a claim for emotional distress, medical expenses and lost work. General liability insurance could protect you against such claims made by another person.
- Property damage: You’re visiting a client’s home for a makeover and accidentally knock over a piece of art work, breaking it. Your general liability policy will cover the subsequent claim, up to your policy's limits of liability.
- Bodily injury: At your salon, one of the esthetician’s customers has arrived for an appointment on a rainy day. The salon floor was wet and the customer has fallen and twisted her ankle requiring emergency treatment. General liability insurance protects estheticians and salon owners against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why salon owners choose Hiscox:
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Marc J., San Diego, CA
“Very consumer friendly experience. Purchased the insurance I needed fast.”
Timely, to the point purchase. No hassle. Purchased on my time when it was convenient.
Very responsive and professional
Sheron, Fort Lauderdale, FL
They are inexpensive and punctual. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for business insurance.
Katie, Philadelphia, PA
My experience was incredible! My agent was responsive, informed, and very knowledgeable. I had my insurance policy within 48 hours!
Margaret, Henderson, TN
Great service. Very helpful.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.