Who needs Acupressurist Insurance?
Acupressurists who utilize different methods to apply pressure to acupoints throughout the body, to improve blood flow and release tension in patients, should consider obtaining professional and general liability insurance. A number of issues can occur when working with clients who either don't understand or don't connect with certain methods. Obtaining insurance is a great way to protect yourself while providing beneficial services to patients in need—especially for acupressurists who work in private practice.
Related professionals we also insure
Policies available for acupressurists
For the majority of acupressurists, there are two main types of insurance policies that are worth considering, both of which offer their own, unique aspects of protection to help you run your business with confidence.
Professional liability insurance for acupressurists
Professional liability insurance—often referred to as E&O Insurance—offers a number of potential benefits, including coverage for negligence, defense costs, personal injury (i.e., libel and slander) and claims against past-rendered services. While events such as fraudulent acts and property damage are not covered by professional liability insurance, this type of insurance is crucial for those who regularly provide a professional service or advise clients.
- Loss of personal information: By mistake you misplace a file with sensitive client information. It was an accident of course, but the information is compromised, and the client sues you. Professional liability insurance could protect you against claims of HIPAA violations and will appoint an attorney to defend you, if necessary.
- Negligence: A client is dissatisfied with the results of your treatment and decides to consult with a neurologist who tells her that her condition should be resolved with surgery not acupressure. Your client sues you for failing to correctly diagnose the problem and failure to recommend a more suitable practitioner. Professional liability insurance could protect you in such a situation.
Should a client react negatively to treatment, accuse you of breaching confidentiality agreements, or otherwise feel that they've been damaged in some way by your services, the risk of being sued can certainly exist. You can protect yourself by obtaining professional liability insurance from Hiscox.
General liability insurance for acupressurists
In addition to times when acupressurists can benefit from holding professional liability insurance, there are many scenarios that will not be covered under this type of policy. General Liability—also referred to as Commercial General Liability (CGL)—covers your small business against claims of bodily injury, property damage and any associated medical costs.
- Personal injury: A group of employees of an acupressurist is out for lunch. They are loudly talking about patients of the acupressurist in a false and unflattering way. The patient finds out about discussion and sues the acupressurist’s company for slander. The company could be protected by a general liability policy.
- Bodily injury: A patient arrives at an acupressurists office for treatment. It is a rainy day and the patient slips and falls in the waiting room, fracturing his wrist which requires medical assistance. General liability insurance could protect against claims of bodily injury and property damage.
- Client's property damage: While in a client’s home for an in-home treatment, an acupressurist accidentally spills his coffee on an expensive area rug in the client's home. A general liability policy could cover the subsequent claim, up to the policy's limits of liability.
Though your property is not usually covered under a general liability insurance policy, damage sustained to third-party property could be covered.
Learn about how much general liability insurance costs.
Why do acupressurists choose Hiscox?
At Hiscox, we understand just how much work goes into running a business. Whether you have opened a private practice or are working as an acupressurist in a different capacity, we can help protect your business from risk with one of our liability insurance policies, allowing you to focus on what truly matters: providing beneficial services to the community.
Here are six reasons why acupressurists choose Hiscox above other providers for professional liability insurance and general liability insurance:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Ready to learn more about how Hiscox can help protect your acupressure business with acupressurist insurance? Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your acupressure business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Patricia, San Diego, California
The woman I spoke with was polite and most important knowledgeable.
Eduardo, San Jacinto, California
I think it’s a great price and great customer service when I called
"Happy and worth it. Easy to navigate and worth the cost for the coverage"
James Schoonover, Midland, TX
“Very pleased. I was apprehensive about Internet insurance but it was very easy, painless and when I phone in everyone was very helpful and knowledgeable.”
Kendra, Portland, OR
"Easy straightforward experience."
Very positive. It was easy, clear, concise and so I did it with minimum fuss”
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.