Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for acupressurists?
If you are a certified acupressurist, you can be sued – even if you have done nothing wrong. Your best solution is to protect yourself with liability insurance.
The exact coverage that is best for you depends on the details of your business. Many Hiscox customers seek to optimize their coverage by choosing both professional liability and general liability policies. To assure that you get the best coverage for your acupressure business, see the examples below.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Loss of personal information: By mistake you misplace a file with sensitive client information. It was an accident of course, but the information is compromised and the client sues for personally identifiable information. Professional liability insurance could protect you against personally identifiable information claims and will appoint an attorney to defend them if necessary.
- Negligence: An acupressure patient is dissatisfied with the results of her treatment. The patient decides to consult with a neurologist who tells her that her condition should be resolved with surgery not acupressure. The patient sues the acupressurist for failing to correctly diagnose the problem and failure to recommend a more suitable practitioner. Professional liability insurance could protect you in such a situation.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Personal injury: While having lunch at the local diner, a temporary employee of an acupressurist's office is overheard talking about a client in a false and unflattering way. The client finds out about the conversation and sues the firm for slander. The accounting firm could be protected by a professional liability policy.
- Bodily injury: A patient arrives at an acupressurist office for treatment. It is a rainy day and the patient slips and falls in the waiting room, fracturing their wrist which requires medical assistance. General liability insurance could protect against claims for personal injury and property damage.
- Client's property damage: While in a client’s home for an in-home treatment, an acupressurist accidentally spills their coffee on an expensive area rug in the client's home. A general liability policy could cover the subsequent claim, up to the policy's limits of liability.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why acupressurists choose Hiscox:
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Passion for service: Knowledgeable agents provide exceptional service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Patricia, San Diego, California
The woman I spoke with was polite and most important knowledgeable.
Eduardo, San Jacinto, California
I think it’s a great price and great customer service when I called
"Happy and worth it. Easy to navigate and worth the cost for the coverage"
James Schoonover, Midland, TX
“Very pleased. I was apprehensive about Internet insurance but it was very easy, painless and when I phone in everyone was very helpful and knowledgeable.”
Kendra, Portland, OR
"Easy straightforward experience."
Very positive. It was easy, clear, concise and so I did it with minimum fuss”
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.