Insurance for estheticians
Who needs Esthetician Insurance?
It’s unfortunate but true that if you are a licensed esthetician, you can be sued even if you have done nothing wrong. As a professional in this industry, your best solution is to protect yourself with liability insurance for estheticians.
Specific coverage plans may depend on the details of your business, as there are so many different types of esthetician salons and spas that exist in today’s wellness-focused culture. Many Hiscox customers seek to optimize their coverage by choosing both professional liability insurance and general liability policies that are designed with estheticians in mind.
If traditional esthetician work is just one of several aspects of your small business, check out these additional types of coverage we offer to professionals in the health and beauty industry.
Example professions we insure
Insurance policies available for Estheticians:
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – including esthetician businesses like yours. Estheticians benefit from E&O insurance when their clients are dissatisfied with a particular treatment they received. Esthetician insurance also comes in handy with the business aspects of running a salon or spa, especially in regard to handling client files and sensitive data.
When is it important to have professional liability insurance for estheticians? The short answer is every day and in every way. Examples include:
- Negligence: An esthetician waxes a customer’s eyebrows and their skin gets severely irritated. The customer has to cancel a modeling job and go to the doctor to get treatment so they sue the esthetician. Professional liability insurance could protect you if such a claim is made.
- Claims arising from services provided in the past: Two years after the fact, a client abruptly sues you for a laser treatment she'd initially been happy with. Hiscox can cover claims arising from such an instance if you were unaware of such related claims, even if the work was completed before you were insured with us.
- Loss of personal information: By mistake, an esthetician misplaces a file with sensitive client information. It was an accident of course, but the information is compromised nonetheless and the client sues for the release of personally identifiable information. Professional liability insurance may protect estheticians against personally identifiable information claims and appoint an attorney to defend them if necessary.
As you can see, professional liability insurance covers the gamut of risk, from everything from alleged mistreatments to data breaches. Protect yourself and your business against these risks with esthetician insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called commercial general liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily or personal injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property.
This type of workplace variety is another reason why esthetician liability insurance is crucial in today’s society. Having this kind of general liability coverage for estheticians is beneficial in several instances. Here are a few examples that demonstrate the value of having general liability insurance on your side:
- Bodily injury: An esthetician’s customer arrives for an appointment on a rainy day. The salon floor is wet, and the customer falls and twists her ankle requiring emergency treatment. General liability insurance could protect against claims by other people for personal injury and property damage.
- Property damage: An esthetician is visiting a client’s home for an in-home treatment and accidentally knocks over a laptop, breaking it. A general liability policy could cover the subsequent claim, up to the policy's limits of liability.
- Personal injury: An esthetician makes disparaging and untrue remarks about one of their clients to a friend. By chance, the friend turns out to be a coworker of the client; they talk and the client promptly sues the esthetician for slander. We will protect your business for a subsequent covered claim, up to your general liability policy's limits of liability and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
In a business with as much client interfacing as wellness and beauty, the risk of third-party claims arising is far from zero. Getting general liability coverage helps ensure that both you and your business are protected against such risk. Learn more by requesting a Hiscox quote.
Learn more about how much general liability insurance costs.
Why do Estheticians choose Hiscox?
As a small business owner, you are required to consider and plan for many different things, and there will undoubtedly be a few surprises along the way. But with Hiscox on your side, you can be prepared for what’s to come and protect everything you’ve been working so hard to build up.
These are some of the many reasons why estheticians all over the country trust Hiscox for their professional esthetician insurance needs:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your esthetician business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET. We look forward to serving you and helping to protect your business with esthetician insurance!
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.