Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for estheticians?
If you are a licensed esthetician, you can be sued – even if you have done nothing wrong. Your best solution is to protect yourself with liability insurance.
The exact coverage that is best for you depends on the details of your business. Many Hiscox customers seek to optimize their coverage by choosing both professional liability and general liability policies. To assure that you get the best coverage for your esthetician business, see the examples below.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Negligence: An esthetician waxes a customer’s eyebrows and their skin gets severely irritated. The customer has to cancel a modeling job and go to the doctor to get treatment so they sue the esthetician. Professional liability insurance could protect you if such a claim is made.
- Loss of personal information: By mistake, an esthetician misplaces a file with sensitive client information. It was an accident of course, but the information is compromised and the client sues for personally identifiable information. Professional liability insurance could protect estheticians against personally identifiable information claims and will appoint an attorney to defend them if necessary.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: An esthetician’s customer arrives for an appointment on a rainy day. The salon floor is wet and the customer falls and twists her ankle requiring emergency treatment. General liability insurance could protect against claims by other people for personal injury and property damage.
- Property damage: An esthetician is visiting a client’s home for an in-home treatment and accidentally knocks over a laptop, breaking it. A general liability policy could cover the subsequent claim, up to the policy's limits of liability.
- Personal injury: An esthetician made disparaging and untrue remarks about one of their clients to a friend. The client turned out to be a coworker of the friend and the conversation got back to the client, who sued the esthetician for slander. General liability insurance could protect estheticians against third-party claims of slander, property damage, bodily injury and associated medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why estheticians choose Hiscox:
- Passion for service: Knowledgeable agents provide exceptional service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Jorge, Houston, TX
“Excellent service by Hiscox”
Very good, responded quickly, gave me a reasonable quote and I purchased
Brian, Winston Salem, NC
“Excellent service by Hiscox”
Mark, Barnegat, NJ
"Excellent Service and great pricing. Quick, easy and professional"
Stephen, Jeffersonville, IN
"Professional. They seemed professional and did a good job handling my request.”
"My service feedback with Hiscox"
easy, quick, reasonable
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.