Who needs carpet cleaning insurance?
Professional cleaning businesses who provide carpet cleaning services should consider obtaining insurance coverage to protect them against common risks for this line of work. Accidents can happen while visiting a client’s home to restore a rug or carpet, and these incidents could impact your business and livelihood. However, you can plan ahead for these types of situations with the right business insurance.
Hiscox offers protection for carpet cleaning professionals under our general liability policy. This type of policy will ensure that you can do your job with more confidence, knowing that the risks carpet cleaning professionals face are covered under insurance.
We understand the risks of small business owners and specialize in protecting professional cleaning businesses. That’s why you can trust our coverage to help you stay safe. With this added layer of protection, you will have more time to focus on growing your business.
Example professions we also insure
Janitor insurance policies available
General Liability Insurance for janitors
General liability insurance for janitors can empower janitorial professionals to take on new jobs, work with more clients, and hire additional staff to support the business.
General liability insurance, also known as commercial general liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. As you take your supplies and skills from one office, warehouse, or school to another, general liability insurance can step in to cover claims regarding injuries to people or property damage.
Janitorial professionals can benefit from having this type of insurance coverage in many instances. Here are a few hypothetical scenarios to demonstrate what we mean.
- Bodily injury: A customer slips and falls on a recently waxed floor. The customer breaks her arm as a result of the fall and incurs costly medical treatment. She files a claim against you to hold you legally liable for her injury.
Even if you don’t believe that a customer’s injuries were your fault, your business could still be put at risk because of a situation like this. With Hiscox insurance for janitors and floor waxing, your policy may cover the subsequent claim and related medical expenses up to your limits of liability.
- Damage to another's property: One of the employees you have hired to help expand your janitorial business accidentally bumps into a table in a customer’s home and knocks over a lamp. The lamp breaks and, since the incident occurred during a scheduled cleaning service, the customer sues your business for the cost of replacing the lamp.
Hiscox’s insurance for janitors not only covers incidents of property damage, but also covers the services provided by your employees. Feel more confident with every new employee you hire by requesting an insurance quote for janitorial services today.
- Personal injury: One of your employees is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the restaurant about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues you for slander.
Hiscox janitor insurance may even cover claims of slander and other forms of personal injury. In situations like this, we may cover the claim filed against you, up to your limits of liability, and also pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs.
Why do carpet cleaning professionals choose Hiscox?
When you have carpet cleaning insurance, you can take on more clients and grow your business with confidence. Many carpet cleaning businesses have already made the investment to protect everything they’ve worked hard to build with insurance from Hiscox.
Here is why carpet cleaning businesses choose Hiscox.
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our carpet cleaning insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory, or Canada.
- Passion for service: Knowledgeable agents will provide you with excellent service — 4.8/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Protect the carpet cleaning business in which you’ve invested so much and worked so hard to build. Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your janitorial business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Marisa, Austin, Texas
Linda, Los Angeles, CA
“Awesome! Satisfactory and quickly done. Very Happy”
I will tell others of your great service. The agent very caring and informative.
Roberto, Reading, PA
Rep. was knowledgeable and courteous
Daniel, Kingsport, TN
“quick and easy just what you want”
Very good much simpler than others I had talked with about coverage
Donnell, Las Vegas, NV
The rep was pleasant and assuring. My purchase was expedited efficiently!
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.