Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Maine Small Business Insurance
When it comes to small business insurance, Hiscox is one of the most popular insurance companies in Maine due to our highly customizable, tailored-to-you policy approach. And as a business owner, we understand that it’s important to give you the best coverage at the best possible price. Approved by the Maine Bureau of Insurance, our products are suitable for businesses of many sizes and scales. Whether you’re looking for a single product or a combined policy, our commercial insurance in Maine can cover:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A prospective client comes to a job site to see the work a finish carpenter is doing. While there, the client trips over one of the carpenters tools and is injured. The carpenter's general liability insurance policy could cover the costs associated with the injuries sustained by the client.
- Property damage/data loss: An IT consultant is installing a new network at a client's office. While transferring the data from the old server to the new one, several important files are corrupted. The client sues the consultant for the financial implications of the lost data. A general liability policy could cover these costs, protecting the IT consultant.
- Personal injury: At a travel convention, two travel agents were overheard making disparaging remarks about an executive at a nearby convention center. The conversation was overheard and got back to the executive. He sued the travel agents. General liability insurance protects travel agents against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Dissatisfied client: A web designer is sued by a client for business they claim was lost due to an unpopular design of their ecommerce site. The designer's defense costs, as well as any settlement or judgment, could be covered by their professional liability policy.
- Negligence: A financial advisor hires a temporary worker to help out during tax season. The temp incorrectly credits an IRA contribution for the previous tax year, which causes a client to have to pay additional tax and a penalty. The client sues the advisor to recover the penalty, but the costs incurred by the advisor could be covered by their professional liability insurance policy.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Maine:
Why choose Hiscox for your business in ME:
- Buy Direct: Get the right insurance immediately. Hiscox offers Maine business insurance coverage that can be bought directly and online in real time.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about business concerns in Maine will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Competitive Rates: Our small business insurance quotes start from $22.50 per month in most states.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Maine business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Rhonda, Houma, LA
Lanice, New Orleans, Louisiana
"Highly recommend this company to do business"
Very easy, convenient, professional service
Andres, Gainesville, FL
“Very good service”
In general very good. Little delays in answering messages if you don’t want to use the phone. On the phone great!”
“Put first time buyer at ease”
Hiscox made me a lot more comfortable as I made my first insurance purchase for my new consulting company.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.