Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Louisiana Small Business Insurance
As small business insurance specialists we understand that every business is different, which is why we don’t offer one-size-fits-all solutions. We customize our small business insurance in Louisiana to the specific risks you face, ensuring you get the right coverage at the right price. Hiscox small business insurance products include:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: An interior designer invites a prospective client to their home office to review color and fabric samples. The client trips on the steps and breaks their arm. The designer has a general liability insurance policy which could cover the costs of the client's injuries.
- Property damage: An IT consultant is performing maintenance on a client's server. The temporary assistant he hired to help with the project spills a cup of coffee on the server, damaging it beyond repair. The consultant's general liability insurance policy could cover the cost to replace the server.
- Defamation and slander: A marketing consultant posts on social media on behalf of a client. The post includes what is supposed to be a lighthearted reference to a competitor, but there is a typo in the post that changes the meaning. The resulting post is quite derogatory, and the competitor sues. The consultant's client sues them, but they could be protected with a general liability insurance policy.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: A programmer creates a new website for an ecommerce customer. On the morning the website goes live, a bug causes it to crash, and it is down for three days before the problem can be fixed. The client sued the programmer for the lost income during the three days the site is down. A professional liability policy could cover these costs and protect the programmer.
- Protection even if you haven't made a mistake: A long-time client of a therapist confesses that they have developed romantic feelings toward the therapist. The therapist tells the client that it's no longer appropriate to continue to treat the client and recommends a new therapist. The client is hurt, and files a claim of sexual impropriety against the therapist. Even though the therapist did nothing wrong, their professional liability policy could protect them, including the costs to defend against the allegations.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Louisiana:
Why choose Hiscox for your business in LA:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Louisiana business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Rhonda, Houma, LA
Lanice, New Orleans, Louisiana
"Highly recommend this company to do business"
Very easy, convenient, professional service
Andres, Gainesville, FL
“Very good service”
In general very good. Little delays in answering messages if you don’t want to use the phone. On the phone great!”
“Put first time buyer at ease”
Hiscox made me a lot more comfortable as I made my first insurance purchase for my new consulting company.
All of our insurance products have been fully approved by the Louisiana Department of Insurance and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., an Illinois insurance company whose license number is 4539.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.