Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Florida Small Business Insurance
For a small business in Florida, or anywhere else in the world to succeed today, it has to be nimble and adjust to the changing times. We think the way you buy small business insurance should be held to the same standards. That is why we are the first US insurer to offer small business insurance direct and online. At Hiscox, we do not believe in offering one-size-fits-all insurance policies. We customize small business insurance policies to your needs. Hiscox small business insurance products offered in Florida include:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: It is raining outside and a client hastily enters a spa and slips on the floor, which does not have a wet floor sign. The client sustains injuries and makes a claim against the spa owner. A general liability insurance policy could cover the client’s medical costs, including any lost wages, that result from the injury.
- Property damage/data loss: A consultant is working in a new client’s office when they accidentally spill coffee on the server. The machine is damaged beyond repair and valuable data is lost. The consultant’s general liability insurance could cover the cost to replace the server.
- Personal injury: A tax preparer is overheard talking about a client in a false and unflattering way. The client finds out about the conversation and sues for slander. The tax preparer’s general liability policy could cover the defense costs as well as any settlement or judgment.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Protection even if you haven’t made a mistake: A personal trainer creates a workout plan for a new client. After a few weeks of following the workout plan, the client begins to experience some pain related to an injury sustained years before. The client failed to mention the injury but sues the personal trainer anyway for negligence. A professional liability insurance policy could protect them, including defense costs.
- Negligent acts: A photographer is hired to take photos for a 25 year anniversary, but forgets to take pictures of key family members. The client may make a claim against the photographer regarding failure to fully deliver the services agreed upon. Professional liability coverage could cover the claim and pay for an attorney to defend the photographer if necessary.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Florida:
How Hiscox can help your business in FL:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Customized Insurance: Insurance tailored to meet your needs and save you money.
- Claims Responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, we will immediately defend you even if the claim has no basis and, if necessary, appoint an attorney.
- Worldwide coverage: We protect you for work done by your business anywhere in the world, as long as the covered claim is filed in the United States, a US territory, or Canada.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Florida business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Pamela, Boynton Beach, FL
“I was expecting a much more labor intensive experience, not to mention I had been told the cost would be much higher! I was very pleasantly surprised!”
I was expecting a much more labor intensive experience, not to mention I had been told the cost would be much higher! I was very pleasantly surprised!
Dyce Digital Networking Solutions, Orlando, FL
“Easy, quick, and affordable”
It was easy and fast using the website. I found just what my business needed and it was affordable.
Dean, St Augustine, FL
simplicity and professional
Gerardo, Miami, Florida
"My service feedback with Hiscox"
I switched to Hiscox and had a binder for both E and O and Gen. Liability within 15 mins!
Ana, Palm Bay, Florida
"My service feedback with Hiscox"
Excellent customer care
Paula, Miami, Florida
"Ease of purchase transaction"
It was an easy process
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.