Alabama Small Business Insurance
As small business insurance specialists we understand that every business is different, which is why we don’t offer one-size-fits-all solutions. We customize our small business insurance in Alabama to the specific risks you face, ensuring you get the right coverage at the right price. Hiscox small business insurance products include:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A client comes to an accountant’s office on a rainy day. The client slips and falls in the entryway of the building, breaking their wrist. The accountant’s general liability policy could cover the costs associated with the client’s injury, including lost wages.
- Property damage: An interior decorator is measuring a client’s windows for new window treatments. The stepladder falls, knocking an expensive vase off a table and breaking it. The decorator’s general liability policy could cover the cost to replace the vase.
- Personal injury: A temporary paralegal hired by a divorce attorney is eating lunch at a local restaurant with a friend. They are having a conversation about one of the attorney’s clients who is in the midst of a messy divorce. The conversation is overheard by the client’s ex-wife, who uses the information she hears to extract a larger settlement in the divorce. The client sues the attorney for slander, but a professional liability policy could protect them.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Dissatisfied client: An architect designs a large-scale home renovation for an indecisive client. After the project is complete, the client sues the architect for failing to meet the deadline and budget, despite the fact that the overages were due to multiple change requests by the client. A professional liability policy could protect the architect, paying his defense costs as well as any settlement or judgment.
- Protection even if you haven’t made a mistake: A long-time client of a therapist confesses that they have developed romantic feelings toward the therapist. The therapist tells the client that it’s no longer appropriate to continue to treat the client and recommends a new therapist. The client is hurt, and files a claim of sexual impropriety against the therapist. Even though the therapist did nothing wrong, their professional liability policy could protect them, including the costs to defend against the allegations.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Alabama:
How Hiscox can help your business in AL:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: An Alabama business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Dennis, Huntsville, AL
"Good agent to work with. Straight forward, quick results.”
Sheron, Fort Lauderdale, FL
They are inexpensive and punctual. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for business insurance.
Edward, Los Angeles, CA
Really surprising. I've been buying business insurance products for 12 years now and never even heard of Hiscox. Not sure why. The experience from quotation through to binding was effortless. The site is designed with thoughtfulness and is easy to navigate. I was also really impressed with the new Hiscox ad campaign featuring everyday courageous business folks making their mark in this world. The reality of taking risks. I identified a lot with this as a small business owner. I will definitely use Hiscox again.
Boris, Bloomington, IL
“So happy with the quick response and pride in the company”
I am really happy with how quickly I received a call from Shannon to resolve the situation. So impressed with this company and will let them have my business now and in the future. Thank you for your concern, and making things right.
Judith, Salinas, CA
“Excellent customer service and price”
Easy to do, and makes getting insurance a breeze
All of our insurance products have been fully approved by the Alabama Department of Insurance and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., an Illinois insurance company whose license number is 4539.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.