West Virginia Small Business Insurance
Offering tailored West Virginia insurance to small business owners across the state, Hiscox is one of the most experienced specialist insurance companies in the area. And with expert advice from our team of advisors as well as the ability to change your policy details to suit your business’ needs, we offer the right coverage at the right prices.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A family came to a photographer’s studio for a portrait session. The family included twin boys who are three years old, as well as a new-born. While the photographer was setting up, the twins ran around the studio, and one of them tripped over a tripod, fell, and cut his forehead, requiring a trip to the emergency room and several stitches. The parents made a claim against the photographer for bodily injury and medical costs. A general liability policy could have protected the photographer against such a claim.
- Property damage: A document preparation specialist was working on a project in a client’s office. While he was there, he spilled a cup of coffee on an expensive high-volume printer. The client held the specialist responsible for the cost to replace the printer. General liability insurance could protect document preparers against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Personal injury: A management consultant made disparaging remarks about an executive in a client company, and they were overheard by the assistant to the executive. She reported them to the executive, who sued the management consultant for defamation. General liability insurance could protect project managers against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs for your business.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Emotional distress: A hairdresser leaves hair dye treatment on a client for too long which results in scalp burns. The client sues for emotional distress, bodily injury and loss of wages because she could not return to work for several weeks. Professional liability insurance could protect hairdressers and barbers against claims of negligence, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Negligence: A marketing consultant agreed to take over a project that had been started by someone else, but was running late and over budget. Once the consultant began work, it became apparent that the scope of work was not adequately described by the client and the schedule and budget were unrealistic. The client charged that the marketing consultant failed to do due diligence before signing the contract and sued the consultant. Professional liability insurance could protect marketing consultants against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in West Virginia:
How Hiscox can help your business in WV:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A West Virginia business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your West Virginia business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Dulcinee, Chico, CA
"Awesome customer service answered all my questions and questions I didn’t think about I got answers for."
Christine, Fort Worth, TX
"It was easy and affordable and fast."
I think it went well.
Kevin, Salina, KS
"No Complaints – Hiscox Rocks"
I appreciated the experience I had with the Hiscox's representative. He was very informative and thorough. He reviewed my policy and answered my questions to my satisfaction. I will be happy to recommend Hiscox's to anyone. Overall my experience was good!
Muhammad, Chicago, IL
"Warm welcome and top notch customer service"
Excellent customer service
Toni, Stephens City, VA
"Excellent service by Hiscox"
You guys are great!!
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 5 Concourse Parkway, 21st Floor, Atlanta, GA 30328.