Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Washington Small Business Insurance
Hiscox currently offers small businesses in Washington a variety of small business insurance coverage. Your coverage options include professional liability insurance and general liability insurance.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: At a promotional event, a hanging display falls down, landing on a table near the bar. Several people are injured, two of whom require a trip to the emergency room. The planner of the event is sued for their medical expenses. General liability insurance could protect event planners against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Damage to client property: A business consultant was onsite at a client location. While eating lunch at his desk one day, he accidentally spilled his soda all over the client’s tablet. General liability insurance could protect business consultants against third-party claims of property damage, bodily injury and associated medical costs.
- Personal injury: One of your employees is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We will cover the subsequent claim, up to your general liability policy's limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: A draftsman incorrectly calculated the slope of a wheelchair ramp when drafting plans for a home renovation. The ramp was installed according to the drawings, but upon inspection it was apparent that it did not meet code, and it needed to be removed and a new ramp installed. Professional liability insurance could protect draftsmen against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Dissatisfied client: A restaurant hired a public relations consultant to publicize the grand opening of their restaurant. Despite the consultant’s best efforts to increase publicity for the opening, and partly due to bad weather, the opening was poorly attended. The owner of the restaurant sued the consultant, alleging that he did not do his job. Professional liability insurance could protect public relations consultants against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Washington:
How Hiscox can help your business in WA:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Customized Insurance: Insurance tailored to meet your needs and save you money.
- Claims Responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, we will immediately defend you even if the claim has no basis and, if necessary, appoint an attorney.
- Worldwide Coverage: We protect you for work done by your business anywhere in the world, as long as the covered claim is filed in the United States, a US territory, or Canada.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Washington business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Patty, Richland, WA
It was great always knowledgeable
"Better than most."
Overall very good. I would like to see more timely online responses.
Isioma, Auburn, Washington
Excellent, I was very happy to find insurance for my small business.
Paul, Bellevue, Washington
"Good - could be better"
Pretty easy to buy a policy. I've owned separate policies for E&O and Gen Liability and wanted to combine them. I also wanted to check out employment practices insurance. It is not possible to combine/link the policies without talking to a rep. Once the rep was on, we updated the revenue and payroll numbers
April Christine, MA, LMFTA , Olympia WA
So far I am pleased, and I like that you have real people available with real answers right away. Thanks for that.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.