Vermont Small Business Insurance
Looking for small business insurance that does what you need it to? Our Vermont state insurance options offer business owners the opportunity to customize a policy to suit the needs of the business, and we’re competitively priced, too. Fully compliant with Vermont insurance regulations, we offer tailored products at affordable prices.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A prospective client came to a consultant’s office to discuss an upcoming project. As the client was leaving, he leaned on a loose stair railing which gave way. He lost his footing and fell down the stairs, sustaining injuries which required hospitalization. General liability insurance could protect business consultants against third-party claims of property damage, bodily injury and associated medical costs.
- Property damage: An IT consultant was giving a presentation at a client’s site. During the presentation, he knocked an expensive projector off the conference table, breaking it. The client made a claim to recover the cost of the projector. General liability insurance could protect IT consultants against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and property damage.
- Damage to a client's property: As a consultant, you are often asked by your clients to purchase insurance as a contract requirement to begin work. This requirement protects you in the event you accidentally damage your client's property while working at their office. General liability insurance protects you against third-party claims for property damage.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs for your business.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: A building inspector signed off on the inspection of a new school. Shortly after the school opened, the parents of a disabled child claimed that the school did not meet accessibility standards. The school system sued the building inspector. Professional liability insurance could protect building inspectors against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Project management out of control: You have been contracted by a client to come in and organize a project that has run past its due date and is over budget. You commit to bringing the project to completion. As you dig into the project you realize that the former project manager did not present your client with an accurate view of deliverables and you are facing a scope of work that is twice as long as your original projection. When you present this finding to your client they are angry and accuse you of not doing your due diligence of project review up front before signing the contract. Professional liability insurance protects you against claims of negligence even if you haven't made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Vermont:
How Hiscox can help your business in VT:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A Vermont business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Vermont business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Paul, Wilmington, DE
"Best Web to Pick Work Area Selection"
You are the only insurance web site that had my area listed. Less explaining
Edward, Peoria, AZ
"Easy as pie"
Very easy and efficient. I was very surprised and pleased with how easy it was, not only to get a quote, but finalize the transaction
Fred, Okawville, IL
“Easy, quick and affordable insurance”
Very easy. Chat help was excellent. Had the policy in very little time
Horace, Houston, TX
Friendly, fast, reasonable. Why do business anywhere else?
Jong, South California
"Liability insurance premium is affordable. I will keep this insurance policy until I am working my business operation. Thanks Hiscox's insurance service."
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 5 Concourse Parkway, 21st Floor, Atlanta, GA 30328.