Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Tennessee Small Business Insurance
As small business insurance specialists we understand that every business is different, which is why we don’t offer one-size-fits-all solutions. We customize our small business insurance in Tennessee to the specific risks you face, ensuring you get the right coverage at the right price.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: In an attempt to garner publicity for a new product, a public relations consultant sent out promotional packages to several dozen journalists. The package contained a glass ball which shattered during shipment inside some of the packages. Several of the journalists and their staff members suffered injuries upon opening the packages, and sued the consultant. General liability insurance could protect public relations consultants against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Damage to client property: A software developer meets a client at a local coffee shop to review the updated software. The developer accidentally spills a large cup of tea on the client’s laptop and damages the hardware. General liability insurance could protect software developers against third-party claims of property damage, bodily injury and associated medical costs.
- Slander: A management consultant was discussing a former client with another consultant, and said some untrue things. The conversation was overheard and got back to the former client, who sued the consultant for slander. General liability insurance could protect management consultants against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: An event planner sent a blast email invitation to thousands of her client’s customers inviting them to an event. The email contained the wrong date for the event. This mistake was not discovered until two days prior to the date on the invitation, at which point it was too late to reserve the venue for that date. The event has to be cancelled, resulting in lost deposits. Professional liability insurance could protect event planners against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Failing to perform services: An educational consultant was retained by a school system to design a curriculum to improve standardized test scores, particularly in math. The new curriculum was implemented, but test scores declined, so the school system sued the consultant. Professional liability insurance could protect education consultants against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Tennessee:
How Hiscox can help your business in TN:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A Tennessee business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Tennessee business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
"So far I am extremely happy! I thought it went awesome! They had a great price!"
Suzan, Knoxville Tennessee
Very easy to work with.
Michael, Mount Juliet, Tennessee
"Services acquiring insurance was very easy"
Everything was explained pretty good over the phone and all paperwork came over email the next day. Dolly was very helpful and return phone calls very quickly.
Margaret, Henderson, TN
Great service. Very helpful.
Mark, Barnegat, NJ
"Excellent Service and great pricing. Quick, easy and professional"
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.