Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
South Dakota Small Business Insurance
As small business insurance specialists we know that every business operates differently, which is why we don't offer generic policies that may not be appropriate for your needs. Our South Dakota business insurance services are designed with your company in mind, giving you the right coverage at the right price.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A bookkeeper rented office space on the second floor of an antique house that had been renovated as office space. A client who was leaving the bookkeeper’s office fell down the stairs when a handrail gave way, suffering injuries that required treatment at the emergency room. The client sued for his injuries. General liability insurance could protect bookkeepers against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Slander: A recruiter made disparaging and untrue remarks about a candidate to the marketing director of a client company. The candidate turned out to be related to an executive at the client company, and the conversation got back to the candidate, who sued the recruiter for slander. General liability insurance could protect recruiters against third-party claims of slander, property damage, bodily injury and associated medical costs.
- Make-up spill: A make-up artist went to a bride’s family home to do the bridal party’s make-up before the wedding. She spilled makeup remover on an expensive carpet, staining it. The bride’s parents sued for the cost to clean the carpet. General liability insurance could protect beauticians and cosmetologists against third party claims of property damage, bodily injury and related medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs for your business.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: A massage therapist performs a deep tissue massage on a client who had noted shoulder pain prior to the treatment. While performing a shoulder stretch on the massage chair, the patient winces and asks the therapist to stop. A day later the client accuses the therapist of causing a torn ligament in his shoulder, requiring surgery. Professional liability insurance could protect massage therapists against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Loss of personal information: A beautician accidentally misplaced a file with sensitive client information. Although it was an accident, the information was compromised and the client sued the cosmetologist. Professional liability insurance could protect beauticians and cosmetologists against claims of negligence and loss of personally identifiable information.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in South Dakota:
How Hiscox can help your business in SD:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A South Dakota business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your South Dakota business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Abdelkader, Roswell, Georgia
It was good
"So far I am extremely happy! I thought it went awesome! They had a great price!"
Mark, Edgewater, FL
"After dealing with numerous insurance brokers and calling many insurance companies. Hiscox defijnitely stood out the most. Excellent, proficient and easy to deal with. Liked the online pricing. The representative was very helpful and professional when I called and this helped me make my decision to purchase."
Juan, Miami, Florida
This was the easiest policy I've ever purchased. No brainer, straight forward questions.
"The process was very simple and the employee was very helpful and polite."
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.