Who needs manufacturing sales rep insurance?
If you are a manufacturing sales representative who consistently manages manufacturing relationships, makes claims about a manufacturer’s product, and recommends products for specific customer uses, insuring yourself and your business can be a huge step towards successful and regular business growth. Common liabilities we cover that manufacturing sales reps faces, include failing to provide full and adequate details about a product, offering incorrect advice, or being involved in an accident that has nothing to do with the products for sale.
Fortunately, Hiscox understands these risks, and we customize manufacturing sales rep insurance coverage for your specific business needs. Since your profession typically requires you to go out into the field to sell to customers, we offer both professional liability insurance for manufacturing sales reps and general liability insurance for balanced coverage.
Since many manufacturing sales reps maintain multiple income streams to support their small businesses, you may be interested in other types of related insurance that we also offer:
Example professions we also insure
Manufacturing sales rep insurance policies available
Professional Liability Insurance for sales reps
Professional liability insurance for manufacturing sales reps can help small business owners feel more confident and empowered in their line of work.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services — for manufacturing sales rep businesses such as yours.
When is it important to have professional liability insurance as a manufacturing sales rep? Listed below are a few hypothetical scenarios that you may face in this line of work.
- Wrong advice: You recommend a new material to a large customer to replace a competitor’s material that the customer has been using for years. The customer decides to try the new material, which works well during the manufacturing process. Once the completed product is in use, however, the material begins to fail, and the customer has to recall large quantities of their product. The customer sues you for the costs associated with replacing the faulty material and the damage to the company’s reputation. You could be protected by a professional liability insurance policy, which covers these costs.
Your customers rely upon your recommendations, but they can quickly turn on you if the recommended products don’t perform as expected. Feel more confident with each piece of advice you offer with a Hiscox insurance plan on your side.
- Negligence: A popular material you represent is recalled for quality control issues. One of your clients who purchased a large quantity of the material suffers significant losses due to delays in shipping their product. The manufacturer of the material pays some of these costs, but the production company sues you for the rest. Your professional liability policy may cover you for these costs, in accordance with liability limits.
Situations such as this may be out of your control, but that doesn’t mean that a client won’t hold you responsible for delays and costs. When you trust Hiscox with your small business insurance needs, you protect yourself from claims of negligence, regardless of whether they are truly valid claims or not.
Browse our website to learn more about professional liability insurance and make an informed decision about your business needs. You can also call us to ask questions about our manufacturing sales rep insurance quotes.
General Liability Insurance for sales reps
Another type of insurance that Hiscox provides and that is relevant to manufacturing sales reps is general liability insurance. Since traveling to meet with customers and manufacturing companies is often an integral part of this type of work, manufacturing sales reps may be at risk of claims that have nothing to do with the professional services they provide.
General liability insurance, sometimes called commercial general liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. These are the types of claims that can arise when you attend a routine meeting, invite clients into your office, or even go out to lunch during the workday.
Here are a few examples of situations that commonly occur for sales professionals.
- Bodily injury: A client comes to your office to sign a contract for a new product line that your manufacturer produces. The sidewalk leading to your office is icy due to a recent snowstorm, and the client slips and falls, injuring himself. His medical costs could be covered by your general liability policy, up to the limit of your liability.
Slip-and-fall accidents don’t just happen at home and large corporate offices. If you secure Hiscox general liability insurance, you can feel confident with each client that walks into your office. Contact us to learn more.
- Property damage: While touring a manufacturing plant with a prospective customer, you accidentally spill a cup of coffee on a piece of electronic equipment, damaging it beyond repair. Your general liability policy may cover the cost to replace the equipment, up to the limit of your liability.
Accidents like this can happen to even the most experienced manufacturing sales rep, and it’s difficult to estimate the cost of property damage once it’s been done. Fortunately, a Hiscox policy may cover property damage claims such as this one.
- Personal injury: One of your employees is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We may cover the subsequent claim up to your limits of liability and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Hiscox general liability insurance plans for manufacturing reps may even cover claims made against your business because of the actions of your employees.
Learn more here about general liability insurance costs.
Why do manufacturing sales reps choose Hiscox?
As the scenarios referenced above illustrate, having manufacturing sales rep coverage is instrumental to success. But among all of the insurance options that exist today, business owners like you trust Hiscox because we know what it takes to run a small business. Not only do we understand the ins and outs of what small business owners need in order to feel confident in their work, but we have also assisted a wide variety of professionals to provide exactly what they need.
Here are six reasons why manufacturing sales reps make Hiscox their insurance company.
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Don’t wait another day to take control of your small business and achieve your career goals as a manufacturing sales rep. Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 855-974-6363 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 9am-5:30pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Tina, Lindenhurst, NY
I thought the policy that was purchased covered more bases than I anticipated and that’s why I considered using Hiscox
Franklin, Los Angeles, CA
“Great thorough service.”
I was impressed with the ability of the representative to understand my needs and determine the policy that would serve me best. Very thorough and willing to take the time with me.
Juan, Cape Coral, FL
I didn’t waste any time to go out of my desk to get my insurance…
Gus, Grand Rapids, MI
“I appreciate the help that I received.”
The person who helped me was very professional and was very patient. She helped me to understand exactly what I was asking for in terms of my liability needs.
Gus, Cherry Hill, NJ
“Professional, quick service”
Professional, knowledgeable, and polite with fast service.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.