Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for manufacturing sales reps?
As a manufacturing sales rep, you have to manage the relationships between manufacturers and your customers, and this exposes you to specialized risks. Hiscox understands these risks and we customize coverage for your specific business needs.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Wrong advice: You recommend a new material to a large customer to replace a competitor’s material that the customer has been using for years. The customer decides to try the new material, which works well during the manufacturing process. Once the completed product is in use, however, the material begins to fail and the customer has to take back large quantities of their product. The customer sues you for the costs associated with replacing the faulty material as well as damage to the company’s reputation. You could be protected by a professional liability insurance policy, which covers the costs.
- Negligence: A popular material you represent is recalled for quality control issues. One of your clients who purchased a large quantity of the material suffers significant losses due to delays in shipping their product. The manufacturer of the material pays some of these costs, and the production company sues you for the rest. Your professional liability policy may cover you for these costs, in accordance with liability limits.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: A client comes to your office to sign a contract. The sidewalk leading to your office is icy due to a recent snowstorm, and the client slips and falls, injuring himself. His medical costs could be covered by your general liability policy, up to the limit of your liability
- Property damage: While touring a manufacturing plant with a prospective customer, you accidentally spill a cup of coffee on a piece of electronic equipment, damaging it beyond repair. Your general liability policy may cover the cost to replace the equipment, up to the limit of your liability.
- Personal injury: One of your employees is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We may cover the subsequent claim, up to your limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why manufacturing sales reps choose Hiscox:
- Buy Direct: Get the right insurance immediately. Hiscox offers business insurance coverage that can be bought directly and online in real time.
- Competitive Rates: Our small business insurance quotes start from $22.50 per month in most states.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Tina, Lindenhurst, NY
I thought the policy that was purchased covered more bases than I anticipated and that’s why I considered using Hiscox
Franklin, Los Angeles, CA
“Great thorough service.”
I was impressed with the ability of the representative to understand my needs and determine the policy that would serve me best. Very thorough and willing to take the time with me.
Juan, Cape Coral, FL
I didn’t waste any time to go out of my desk to get my insurance…
Gus, Grand Rapids, MI
“I appreciate the help that I received.”
The person who helped me was very professional and was very patient. She helped me to understand exactly what I was asking for in terms of my liability needs.
Gus, Cherry Hill, NJ
“Professional, quick service”
Professional, knowledgeable, and polite with fast service.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.