Insurance for legal service businesses
Who needs legal service liability insurance?
The world is growing more complex and so are your clients’ demands. Because they rely on your expertise, it’s imperative that you have adequate insurance in place. Liability insurance can protect you from omissions, negligence, allegations, mistakes, and accidents.
Legal service liability insurance can cover the following risks:
- Cyber breaches or client data that is lost or stolen.
- A bodily injury lawsuit if a client falls on your property and sues you for medical expenses.
Mitigating risks can help protect your business reputation. This is especially important if you're considering a future business expansion. When you're ready to scale, Hiscox has several types of specialized insurance products available.
Other legal professions we insure
Types of legal insurance policies available
Another name for General Liability is Commercial General Liability (CGL). A CGL protects your business from financial losses that might result from a lawsuit by someone alleging property damage or bodily injury.
For example, if a client comes to your office for a consultation and slips and falls, breaking a bone, your general liability policy could protect you. It could cover the client’s medical costs and lost wages. Or, if you accidentally damage a client’s property, your CGL policy could pay for repair or replacement.
At Hiscox, we know it's important that you protect your clients as well as your practice. And, with so many types of lawsuits, Hiscox is with you every step of the way. Learn more about how much general liability insurance costs.
Are you expanding your legal service business? Speak to one of our agents about the various types of riders, add-ons, and other policy options you might need. We're constantly refining our products to help our customers.
State laws require this insurance. If your business has employees, you must have this coverage in place. Worker's Compensation is coverage against worker injuries, illnesses, medical expenses, partial wages, and lawsuits.
Why do legal service professionals choose Hiscox?
We know that from one case to the next, your clients depend on you for sound advice. Our insurance policies can help you successfully grow and meet your clients' needs. You also won't have to worry about all the risks (leave that to us).
Here are a few reasons why other legal service businesses choose Hiscox:
- Claims responsiveness: When reporting covered claims, we immediately assign a dedicated agent to you.
- Commitment to service: Our highly-trained agents offer the highest standard in customer service. Our customer service rating is 4.8/5.
- Coverage for contracts: Our coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Custom insurance: We specialize in industries such as yours. Let's customize a policy specific to your business risks.
- Flexible payment options: We offer convenient monthly payment plans. And, there are no hidden fees.
- Worldwide coverage: Do you have global locations? Simply file your Hiscox claims in the U.S., a U.S. Territory, or Canada.
At Hiscox, we have a unique understanding of how to help you create a successful insurance plan. Get a fast and free quote today. Call us at 1-866-283-7545. Our team of licensed agents is available Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.