Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Who needs appliance repair insurance?
Appliance repair technicians who install and troubleshoot home appliances such as washers, stoves and other products for their customers should get general liability insurance. Problems may arise when working with in clients’ homes; obtaining business insurance is a great way to protect yourself while continuing to provide beneficial repair services to your clients. This is particularly true for technicians who work privately or own a small business.
Examples of other home service professions we insure
Policies available for appliance repair technicians
For most technicians, they should consider getting general liability insurance.
General liability insurance for appliance repair technicians
General Liability—also called 'commercial general liability (CGL)'—covers small businesses against property damage, claims of bodily injury and associated medical costs.
Here’s an example. An appliance repair technician was replacing the ice maker on a client’s refrigerator. During the repair, water leaked from the refrigerator onto the floor. The client came into the kitchen and slipped and fell on the wet floor, breaking their wrist. The appliance repair tech’s general liability insurance policy covered the client’s medical costs.
Though your property won't usually be covered under general liability insurance, damage sustained to a third-party property will be.
Why do appliance repair technicians choose Hiscox?
At Hiscox, we understand just how much work goes into being an appliance repair technician. Whether you've opened your own business or are working as an technician in a different capacity, we can help you grow your career by reducing risk with our repairmen insurance policies, allowing you to focus on what really matters—providing exceptional services to the public.
Here are six reasons why appliance repair technicians choose Hiscox above other providers for general liability insurance:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.8/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Ready to learn more about how Hiscox insurance can help mitigate risk with appliance repair (or any other profession) insurance coverage? Get a fast, free quote online. If you have questions, call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a licensed Hiscox insurance agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Richard, Atlanta, GA
Fast accurate painless
Matthew, Naperville, IL
“Easy to signup at Hiscox!”
Purchase experience was very easy.
Benjamin, Wayne, PA
“Great customer support and advice”
Your people have been great – so knowledgeable and helpful. Exceeded my expectations.
Sharon, Portland, OR
“Try Hiscox first – best service and prices anywhere.”
The whole process was easy, quick and very professional. I had applied for the same coverage with two local companies and after filling out many pages of forms, the price was way too high. His cox kept it simple and your pricing is amazing.
Donnell, Las Vegas, NV
The rep was pleasant and assuring. My purchase was expedited efficiently!
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.