Pennsylvania Small Business Insurance
Different businesses have different needs, which is why we customize small business insurance for professional services companies for Pennsylvania. We provide professional liability insurance and general liability insurance that fit your needs.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A client trips over their personal trainers workout bag during their training session and breaks their ankle. A general liability insurance policy could cover the claim for medical expenses up to the policy limits.
- Property damage: A tax preparer gets contracted to do a major corporation’s taxes on site. While setting up the tax preparer spills his tea over the corporation’s server causing irreparable damage. A general liability policy could cover the claim, up to policy limits.
- Personal injury: An consultant within a public relations company is overheard talking about one of the company’s top client’s in a rude and unflattering way. The client hears about what was said and sues the company for slander. General liability insurance could cover the subsequent claim, up to general liability policy limits.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- ‘Bad’ advice: An management consultant recommends several cost-cutting measures to a client company, including laying off some experienced staff. The consultant’s report is very specific about the steps to take, including severance pay. The company lays off the staff but does not follow all of the consultant’s recommendations. One employee sues the company, and the company sues the consultant. A professional liability policy could protect the consultant, including covering legal costs as well as any settlement or judgment, even if they didn’t make a mistake.
- Dissatisfied customer: A photographer is hired to take pictures at a wedding. The bride requests that the photographer take photos of her relatives who have travelled from outside the country to attend the wedding. The photographer tasks their assistant with taking these photos, and the assistant neglects to do so. The mistake is not discovered until after the wedding is over and the relatives have gone back home. The bride sues the photographer. The photographer’s professional liability policy could cover the liability, even though the mistake was made by the assistant.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- A graphic designer comes into their office one morning to find their high-end computer and printer have been stolen. Since these are the tools they use to do their work, they are out of business until the expensive equipment is replaced. A business owner’s policy can cover the cost to replace the equipment, letting the designer get back to work quickly.
- Electronic data loss insurance
Learn more about business owners insurance.
Example professions we insure in Pennsylvania:
How Hiscox can help your business in PA:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A Pennsylvania business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Pennsylvania business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Bill, DuBois, PA
"Simple to deal with when opening a new policy"
Did everything over the phone and it was an easy process. Hopefully I never have to use it but it's nice having it in place.
Ken, Hanover, PA
So far - so good - a great application and approval procedure is in place. My hope is that any of my future servicing and claims needs are met in similar fashion.
Joyel, Philadelphia, PA
"Confidence in Self Service Tools. Easy and clear"
Christine, York, Pennsylvania
"Knowledgeable customer service rep"
Customer service rep was very helpful and speed process along.
"Thank you for quick answers to what our LLC needed."
Simple and quick.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 5 Concourse Parkway, 21st Floor, Atlanta, GA 30328.