Oregon Small Business Insurance
As small business insurance specialists we understand that every business is different, which is why we don’t offer one-size-fits-all solutions. We customize our small business insurance in Oregon to the specific risks you face, ensuring you get the right coverage at the right price.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Property damage: A bookkeeper was working in a client’s office on the client’s computer. She accidentally spilled a cup of coffee on high-end printer, ruining it. The client made a claim for the cost to replace the printer. General liability insurance could protect bookkeepers against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and property damage.
- Bodily injury: An engineer is giving a site tour to a client. Despite being instructed to wear a hard hat on the job site, the client does not, and incurs a head injury. The engineer is sued for the medical costs associated with the client’s injury. General liability insurance could protect engineers against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and property damage.
- Slander: An employee at an IT consulting firm went to a bar after work. After a few drinks, they began talking loudly about an executive at a client company. The comments were overheard by associates of the executive, so word got back to the executive, who sued the consulting company for slander. General liability insurance could protect IT consultants against third-party claims of defamation and slander, property damage, and associated medical costs.
Learn about how much general liability insurance costs.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: A travel agent was hired to book a company’s convention in another city. She reserved a block of rooms at a nearby hotel. Upon arrival, the convention attendees discovered that part of the hotel was under construction and were subject to a great deal of noise and disruption. The company sued the travel agent. Professional liability insurance protects travel agents against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Sexual misconduct: A female therapist is treating an adolescent male client. She realizes that he is developing a crush on her, so she tells him that he should see a different therapist. He reacts angrily, and files suit against the therapist, saying that she behaved inappropriately toward him. Professional liability protects social workers against claims of sexual misconduct and negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Oregon:
How Hiscox can help your business in OR:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: An Oregon business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Oregon business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
“Quick easy process. Easy to work with the interface online. Very quick service. I needed proof of insurance quickly and this process was easy.”
Shantu, Portland, OR
"Easy to enroll. It took less than 20 minutes to review and enroll.”
Sharon, Portland, OR
"I'm impressed. Helpful, efficient, friendly, professional."
Brian, Portland, Oregon
Would recommend to anyone
"Fast turnaround" Very easy to use. I first received an on-line quote so I could get an idea of cost, then worked with a customer rep to put the final product into place. I received all my policy paperwork before close of business that same day!
All of our insurance products have been fully approved in Oregon by the Department of Consumer & Business Services, Insurance Division and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., an Illinois insurance company whose license number is 4539.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 5 Concourse Parkway, 21st Floor, Atlanta, GA 30328.