New Mexico Small Business Insurance
As small business insurance specialists we understand that every business is different, which is why we don’t offer one-size-fits-all solutions. We customize our small business insurance in New Mexico to the specific risks you face, ensuring you get the right coverage at the right price.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A substance abuse counselor rents office space in a professional building. A young patient becomes very upset during her counseling session and jumps up out of her chair, knocking it over and fractures her arm. General liability insurance protects marriage and family, mental health, and substance abuse counselors against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Property damage: A market research consultant was giving a presentation at a client’s site. During the presentation, he knocked an expensive projector off the conference table, breaking it. The client made a claim to recover the cost of the projector. General liability insurance protects market research consultants against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and property damage.
- Medical expenses: A building inspector needed to hire a consultant to help with a project. He took a candidate on a tour of the job site which was still under construction. The consultant tripped on a piece of equipment, sustaining injuries which required hospitalization. General liability insurance protects building inspectors against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and property damage.
Learn about how much general liability insurance costs.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: A nail technician used a new product on a client’s nails. The client had a severe allergic reaction to an ingredient in the product and sued for emotional distress, bodily injury and loss of wages, as she was unable to return to her job as a court reporter for several weeks. Professional liability insurance protects nail technicians and beauticians against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Discrimination: A property manager was sued for failing to rent an apartment to a prospective tenant, who claimed that they were turned down because of their race. Professional liability insurance protects property managers against claims of discrimination and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in New Mexico:
How Hiscox can help your business in NM:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your New Mexico business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Mort, Farmington, New Mexico
“Excellent service by Hiscox”
Just very easy to implement
Keri, Ventura, CA
"I had a great experience! I had a great experience! All my questions were answered and it was easy to sign up.”
Fred, Northern California
"Excellent, efficient experience. Clear and concise application process. Efficient policy issue. Yes, I would recommend to friends / colleagues No reason not to renew next year."
Laura, Austin, TX
"Excellent phone service! Very fast phone response, and on my second call they offered to let me speak to the first person I had spoken to, who was already knowledgeable about my business circumstances."
Antonia, San Antonio, TX
Great service will most definitely recommend to friends.
All of our insurance products have been fully approved in New Mexico by the Public Regulation Commission and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., an Illinois insurance company whose license number is 4539.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 5 Concourse Parkway, 21st Floor, Atlanta, GA 30328.