Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
New Hampshire Small Business Insurance
As small business insurance specialists we understand that every business is different, which is why we don’t offer one-size-fits-all solutions. We customize our small business insurance in New Hampshire to the specific risks you face, ensuring you get the right coverage at the right price.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Personal injury: A consultant is overheard talking about a public relations firm’s client in an unflattering and incorrect way. The client learns of the discussion and sues the advertising firm for slander. A general liability policy could cover the subsequent claim, up to policy limits, and pay for an attorney to defend the firm if necessary.
- Bodily injury: The owner of a small salon failed to have the sidewalks cleared after a snow storm. A client slipped and fell, and sued the salon. General liability insurance protects salon owners against third-party claims of property damage, bodily injury, and related medical costs.
- Property damage: A massage therapist is visiting a client’s home for an in-home massage and accidentally knocks over a laptop, breaking it. General liability insurance protects massage therapists against third party claims of property damage, bodily injury, and related medical costs.
Learn more about how much general liability insurance costs.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Sexual misconduct: A female social worker is treating a young, adolescent male client. She realizes that he is developing a crush on her, so she tells him that he should see a different therapist. He reacts angrily, and files suit against the social worker, saying that she behaved inappropriately toward him. Professional liability protects social workers against claims of sexual misconduct and negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed.
- Negligence: A media consultant working on an ad campaign for a new product placed ads in several print trade publications. The largest of the publication placed the ad on a page directly opposite a competitor’s ad for a similar product. The client sued the media consultant for negligence. Professional liability insurance protects media consultants against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in New Hampshire:
How Hiscox can help your business in NH:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your New Hampshire business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Lori, Concord, NH
“Great service! Overall everything went smooth and easy! Easy to understand policy and the price was right.”
Troy, New Hampshire
"Easy to get a quote and purchase the policy. Great sales rep as well. Great Experience."
Design Bus, Nashua, NH
"Hiscox promoter. My new office space required a specific policy. After searching the Internet and making several calls, I found myself waiting for quotes. No one else allowed an online quote and purchase within 10minutes. So, this made the decision even easier for my business to choose Hiscox.”
John, Southern California
"Very responsive service team"
Great service, i needed a quick change they took care of me then and there!
All of our insurance products have been fully approved by the New Hampshire Insurance Department and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., an Illinois insurance company whose license number is 4539.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.