Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Nebraska Small Business Insurance
As small business insurance specialists we understand that every business is different, which is why we don’t offer one-size-fits-all solutions. We customize our small business insurance in Nebraska to the specific risks you face, ensuring you get the right coverage at the right price.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Lost wages: A client came to the office of a human resources consultant to discuss a possible project. While there, the client tripped over a power cord and fell, hitting his head on a desk. The accident resulted in a concussion, the treatment for which required that he stay out of work for six weeks. The client insisted that the consultant was responsible for his lost wages. General liability insurance protects HR consultants against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and property damage.
- Bodily injury: While inspecting an office building for a fire claim, a claims adjuster left his computer bag on the floor. An employee on his way to a temporary office tripped on the bag and was injured. General liability insurance protects claims adjusters against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and property damage.
- Damage to third-party property: A tutor goes to the home of a student. While they are working, the tutor accidentally knocks over a very expensive crystal lamp, breaking it. The student’s parents demand that the tutor replace the lamp. General liability insurance protects tutors against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and property damage.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Copyright infringement: A software developer is hired to develop a new desktop software. Once the software goes live, the client is approached by a competitor who claims that the software infringes on their intellectual property. The developer is sued for software copyright infringement. Professional liability insurance protects software developers against claims of negligence and software copyright infringement, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Negligence: A marketing consultant created a new tag line for a consumer products company. Unbeknownst to the consultant, the tag line was similar to one used by a competitor several years ago, and the competitor still held the copyright. The client sued the consultant in response to a suit by the competitor alleging copyright infringement. Professional liability insurance protects marketing consultants against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Nebraska:
How Hiscox can help your business in NE:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Nebraska business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Gregory, Alameda, California
"Good experience on policy change"
An overall good experience with a change in my small business insurance. The agent actually helped me find a less expensive policy that better met my needs. Not excellent, because the search time was rather slow.
Suzan, Knoxville Tennessee
Very easy to work with.
Julie, Colorado Springs, Colorado
"Quick & Easy"
I truly appreciate the easy on-line nature of the Hiscox application process. The prices are reasonable and the whole experience was so simple for me as a first-time business insurance applicant.
Edward, North Carolina
"The representative was informative, clear and very helpful. The service received was fantastic and helped me get great insurance coverage for my new business.”
Andrea, Dunwoody, Georgia
"My service feedback with Hiscox"
The customer service was exceptional.
All of our insurance products have been fully approved by the Nebraska Department of Insurance and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., an Illinois insurance company whose license number is 4539.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.