Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
North Dakota Small Business Insurance
At Hiscox, we don’t do one-size-fits-all when it comes to insurance for your business in North Dakota. That’s because we’ve worked with thousands of small businesses like yours, and we understand that no two companies are the same. Our North Dakota insurance products are specially tailored to give you the coverage you need, when you need it.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A shopper went to a mall during a snowstorm, and slipped and fell on the sidewalk on their way out of the mall. The shopper was injured and required a trip to the emergency room. The shopper sued the mall’s property manager for failing to clear the sidewalks. General liability insurance protects property managers against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and property damage.
- Property damage: A graphic designer was working at a client’s site and accidentally spilled a cup of tea on a high-end printers, damaging them beyond repair. General liability insurance protects graphic designers against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and property damage.
- Personal injury: An HR consultant was discussing a former client with another consultant, and said some untrue things. The conversation was overheard and got back to the former client, who sued the consultant for slander. General liability insurance protects HR consultants against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and property damage.
Learn about how much general liability insurance costs.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Sexual harassment: A tutor was hired to provide homework help at the home of a sixteen-year-old high school student. During one tutoring session, the student’s mother went out to do an errand, leaving the tutor and the student alone in the house. Shortly thereafter, the student claimed she had been touched inappropriately by the tutor. Professional liability insurance protects tutors against claims of sexual harassment and negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed.
- Negligence: A social worker is treating a troubled family to help them better communicate, but progress is slow. The daughter runs away from home and the family blames the social worker, demands their money back, and sues for damages. Professional liability protects social workers against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in North Dakota:
How Hiscox can help your business in ND:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your North Dakota business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Marjorie, Miami, Florida
Prompt and efficient customer service
Peter, Naples, FL
"Painless experience! It was very easy to get the coverage that was needed. I would definitely recommend this to others in small business."
Jason, Danville, VA
Super easy. Good rate too.
Andrew Thomas Clifton, Chicago, Illinois
Simple. Some of the site was a bit overpacked and it slightly overwhelmed me at times but everything else was great
Leveda, Medora, Indiana
Fast and friendly service
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.