Montana Small Business Insurance
Own a small business in Montana? Hiscox is a small business insurance specialist providing customized coverage to professional services companies. We know what small business owners in your state need to protect against their industry risks and liabilities. We customize your coverage according to your business needs - no more, no less.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Personal injury: A project manager made disparaging remarks about an executive in a client company, and they were overheard by the assistant to the executive. She reported them to the executive, who sued the project manager for defamation. General liability insurance protects project managers against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and property damage.
- Property damage: An IT project manager is hired to integrate a set of company tablets with their main network. While carrying a handful of tablets to the back office, the project manager trips, drops the tablets and 5 of them are completely destroyed. General liability insurance protects IT project managers against third party claims of property damage, bodily injury, and associated medical costs.
- Bodily injury: A yoga student in an advanced class loses his balance and falls against the mirror, breaking it and cutting himself. General liability insurance protects yoga and Pilates instructors and studio owners against third-party claims of bodily injury, damage to other’s property, and related medical costs.
Learn more about how much general liabity insurance costs.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Dissatisfied Client: A family hired an educational consultant to represent them in developing an individual educational plan for their child with autism. When the plan was implemented, the child’s school performance worsened. The parents sued the consultant. Professional liability insurance protects education consultants against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Negligence: A bookkeeper provided revenue and expense information to a client’s accountant who prepared the client’s taxes. The client was audited, and irregularities were found which resulted in a fine from the IRS. The client sued the bookkeeper for negligence. Professional liability insurance protects bookkeepers against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Montana:
How Hiscox can help your business in MT:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Montana business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Evan, Bozeman, MT
My policy was easy to get and much more affordable than other places I looked. However, I could not get the fine print until I purchased the policy.
Judith, Salinas, CA
“Excellent customer service and price”
Easy to do, and makes getting insurance a breeze
Boris, Bloomington, IL
“So happy with the quick response and pride in the company”
I am really happy with how quickly I received a call from Shannon to resolve the situation. So impressed with this company and will let them have my business now and in the future. Thank you for your concern, and making things right.
Clarance, Yonkers, NY
“Excellent service by Hiscox”
Very fast modern and efficient process!
Glenda, Fort Worth, TX
“I will definitely recommend Hiscox to my colleagues.”
I was completely blown away by the level of quality customer service. I was given a quote based on my needs and was able to complete the process on the first call.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 5 Concourse Parkway, 21st Floor, Atlanta, GA 30328.