Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Missouri Small Business Insurance
Hiscox is a small business insurance specialist providing customized coverage to professional services companies in Missouri. Our customized coverage includes professional liability insurance and general liability insurance.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Property damage: An auditor is working at a client's site, using the client’s computer. He accidentally spills a glass of water on the client’s laptop computer, damaging it beyond repair. The client makes a claim for the cost to replace the computer. General liability insurance can protect financial auditors against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and property damage.
- Bodily injury: A child came to a tutoring center for classes after a snowstorm. As he left, the child slipped and fell on the icy sidewalk outside the center, breaking his leg. His parents sued for bodily injury and medical expenses. General liability insurance protects tutors against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and property damage.
- Personal injury: A recruiter made disparaging and untrue remarks about a candidate to the human resources director of a client company. The candidate turned out to be related to an executive at the client company, and the conversation got back to the candidate, who sued the recruiter for slander. General liability insurance protects recruiters against third-party claims of slander, property damage, bodily injury, and associated medical costs.
Learn more about how much general liability insurance costs.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Loss of business income: A website designer finished a new site design for an e-commerce company. The day the new site was launched, a bug in the design caused the site to crash. The site was down for three days while the problem was diagnosed and corrected. The client sued the designer for the income lost during that time. Professional liability insurance protects website designers against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Dissatisfied client: A project manager working on a software development project missed several key milestone dates due to changes in the product specifications by the client. The changes required the release date for the software to be delayed. The client sued the project manager for the revenue that was lost due to the delay in releasing the products. Professional liability insurance protects project managers against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- A freelance tent renting consultant is setting up for a championship tournament when some of his tents are stolen from the property. A business owner's policy could pay to replace the stolen tents and allow the consultant to resume their work.
- A computer programmer spills a beverage on a high end computer system causing irreparable damage. A business owner's policy could cover the cost to replace the system, letting the programmer get back to work.
Learn more about business owners insurance.
Example professions we insure in Missouri:
How Hiscox can help your business in MO:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Missouri business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
James, Branson, MO
“Easy to get the insurance I needed”
Christopher, ST. Louis, Missouri
A very informative and worth knowing experience. Fair pricing and coverage is what drove me to the decision.
"My service feedback with Hiscox"
Everyone I spoke with was friendly and helpful.
Judith, Portageville, MO
“very nice! Wonderful!”
Rick, La Palma, California
"My service feedback with Hiscox"
Excellent service. Easy to join. Fast Reply
Our products have been approved by the Missouri Department of Insurance and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., a Chicago, Illinois, insurance company whose license number is 4539.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.