Mississippi Small Business Insurance
As small business insurance specialists we understand that every business is different, which is why we don’t offer one-size-fits-all solutions. We customize our small business insurance in Mississippi to the specific risks you face, ensuring you get the right coverage at the right price. Hiscox small business insurance products include:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: The client of a massage therapist falls while getting off the massage table and breaks a leg. The massage therapist is protected by a general liability policy which could cover the client's medical costs associated with the injury.
- Personal injury: A marketing consultant posts on social media on behalf of a client. The post includes what is supposed to be a lighthearted reference to a competitor, but there is a typo in the post that changes the meaning. The resulting post is quite derogatory, and the competitor sues. The consultant's client sues them, but they could be protected with a general liability insurance policy.
- Accidental property damage: A building inspector was hired to inspect a renovation project in an office building. Part of the building was occupied. While the inspector was passing through the occupied section of the building, he inadvertently knocked an expensive vase off a table in a lobby area. General liability insurance protects building inspectors against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
Learn more about how much general liability insurance costs.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Discrimination: A property manager was sued for failing to rent an apartment to a prospective tenant, who claimed that they were turned down because of their religion. Professional liability insurance protects property managers against claims of discrimination and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven't made a mistake.
- Negligence: A realtor lists a home for sale in a desirable neighborhood, and it sells quickly. A few months later, a similar home in the same neighborhood is sold at a considerably higher price. The seller of the first home sues the realtor, claiming they underpriced the home. The realtor could be protected by their professional liability policy.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Mississippi:
Why choose Hiscox for your business in MS:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Mississippi business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Dan, St Paul, MN
“Very helpful and friendly service. Answered all of my questions. I would recommend their services”
"A very good experience that I recommend to others. It was a very good experience. I was a little confused on how / when I was going to get my necessary paperwork after purchasing but it worked out rather quickly."
“Great insurance. Nice and easy to use.”
Tamera, Minneapolis, MN
"I believe that people always remember how someone or something made them feel and you made me feel important. I was truly impressed with the professionalism, quick responses, and honorable treatment as an up and coming business."
Paul Eagan, Minnesota
"Quick and easy to get insurance quotes and setup the insurance"
It was very quick and straightforward to get a quote through the website on professional liability insurance policy require by my prospective client and to accept that quote to setup the insurance when i booked the contract with the client.
All of our insurance products have been fully approved by the Mississippi Insurance Department and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., an Illinois insurance company whose license number is 4539.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 5 Concourse Parkway, 21st Floor, Atlanta, GA 30328.