Chicago Small Business Insurance
Hiscox offers small business insurance in Illinois (and all other states except Alaska) either online or over the phone from a licensed agent in minutes. We specialize in general liability insurance, professional liability insurance (also known as errors and omissions insurance), and business owners policy.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A client slips on the steps up to an architect’s office, breaking their wrist. The architect is legally liable for the client’s medical costs and time lost from work. General liability insurance could cover the claim up to the policy limits.
- Property damage: An interior designer is measuring windows in a client’s home. The ladder they are using topples over, knocking some expensive collectibles to the floor and breaking them. The cost to replace the items could be covered by the designer’s general liability insurance policy.
- Damage to client property: A business consultant was onsite at a client location. While eating lunch at his desk one day, he accidentally spilled his soda all over the client’s iPad. General liability insurance protects business consultants against third-party claims of property damage, bodily injury and associated medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Dissatisfied client: A consultant is working on a project for a difficult client who continually changes the scope of work. When the consultant is not able to meet the original deadline for the significantly expanded project, the client sues. Even if you haven’t made a mistake, your professional liability insurance coverage could cover the cost of defending you, as well as a settlement or judgment, up to policy limits.
- Negligence: A wedding photographer is asked by the bride to take pictures of relatives who live far away. The photographer tasks their assistant with taking the shots, but they neglect to do so. The mistake is not discovered until the relatives are back home, and the bride sues. The photographer could be protected by a professional liability policy.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Office insurance for business interruption: While a photographer is taking pictures at a wedding, his car is broken into and several expensive cameras are stolen. A business owner’s policy could cover the cost to replace the cameras, subject to policy limits, and keep the photographer’s business up and running.
- A recruiter leaves his work computer in his car while driving to a company offsite meeting, where it gets broken into. A business owner’s policy could cover the cost to replace the computer and get the recruiter back up and running.
Learn more about business owners insurance.
Hiscox now offers state mandated workers compensation insurance to ensure that injured workers receive prompt and fair compensation for job-related injuries and diseases. In most states, laws require you to pay for an injured worker’s medical care, lost wages, and death benefits. A Hiscox Workers Compensation Insurance policy must be purchased with another Hiscox business insurance policy. To get a free quote, call us at 1-855-743-2308 and speak to a licensed insurance agent, Mon-Fri 8am-10pm ET.
Learn more about workers compensation insurance.
Comparison to Competition:
Example professions we insure in Chicago:
About our Chicago Hiscox Office
Hiscox’s Chicago business insurance office is located in The Loop in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is predominantly made up of underwriters representing all lines of business for our insurance brokers in Chicago. It also includes representation of finance and compliance. We are proud to offer business insurance in Illinois and the surrounding Midwest Region.
The city of Chicago is located on the shore of Lake Michigan and is known for being a hub of economic and commercial influence for the whole US. The impact this city has had on business, music, and sports over the course of the last 50 years cannot be overstated. The skyline is buffered with recognizable landmark structures such as the Willis Tower, John Hancock Center, and neo-Gothic Tribune Tower.
Hiscox Business Insurance, Chicago Office
30 N. LaSalle St.
Chicago, IL 60602
Get a fast, free quote now, and get the confidence that Hiscox can bring to an Illinois business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Ananda, Chicago, IL
"Buying a policy from Hiscox is worth paying. Hiscox service is excellent.”
William, Chicago, IL
“The experience was fast and professional”
Kathleen, Chicago, IL
"Super easy and necessary. Very easy and straightforward.”
Andrew Thomas Clifton, Chicago, IL
“Simple. Some of the site was a bit overpacked and it slightly overwhelmed me at times but everything else was great.”
Steven, Oswego, IL
"Very easy and fast service. Very highly recommended to other potential customers. Very easy and fast service. Very highly recommended to other potential customers."
Stephen, Oak Lawn, IL
"Loved the online purchasing option! Overall, my experience with purchasing a policy from Hiscox was effortless and 100% online! I am very busy, and loved that I could purchase the policy without talking to anyone!"
“Great service. It was an easy, simple and affordable experience”
Excellent. Easy process, fast quote.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 5 Concourse Parkway, 21st Floor, Atlanta, GA 30328.