Kentucky Small Business Insurance
Throughout Kentucky, there are thousands of small business owners operating successfully day to day. And since no two businesses are the same, we don’t offer a one-size-fits-all as part of our Kentucky business insurance; instead, we customize your policy to suit what you do at a price that’s right for your needs. All small business owners should consider protecting their business with the right insurance. Hiscox small business insurance products available in the state include:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: The client of a massage therapist falls while getting off the massage table and breaks a leg. The massage therapist is protected by a general liability policy which could cover the client's medical costs associated with the injury.
- Property damage: A hairdresser is at the home of a bride a week before the wedding to style her hair for some pre-wedding photos. The hairdresser drops a curling iron on the bride's gown, singeing it. A general liability policy could cover the cost of emergency repairs on the gown.
- Data loss: An HR consultant has a client company's payroll records on their laptop. The laptop is damaged and the data cannot be recovered. The consultant's general liability policy could cover the costs associated with recreating the lost data.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs to make a smart and forward-thinking decision for your business.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Protection even if you haven't made a mistake: A property manager is sued by a tenant who claims they were illegally evicted from their apartment. Even if the manager didn't make a mistake, they could be covered by a professional liability policy for defense costs, as well as any settlement or judgment.
- Copyright infringement: A graphic designer creates a logo for a client in the technology space. Several weeks after the client begins to use the logo, they receive a cease and desist order from a large corporation in another industry, stating that the logo infringes on their copyright. The client sues the designer to recover the costs to redesign the logo and reprint their marketing materials. The designer is protected by a professional liability policy, which could cover their costs.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Kentucky:
Why choose Hiscox for your business in KY:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Kentucky business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Mark, Louisville, KY
It was easy and the agent was very knowledgeable on my coverage
Nancy, Bowling Green, KY
Very responsive, quick turnaround with coverage and price, easy to understand.
Jacob, Florence, KY
“Making the complex easy”
It was relatively easy to work through the application and funding process. Had looked at another carrier, and was disappointed at the complexity.
"nothing complicated about it when it seems that so many things are just hard to get done most require so much time"
"Finding the right coverage at a competitive price. I love Hiscox. Polite, knowledgeable, and helpful Reps together with good coverage at an affordable price is an unbeatable combination. Thank you.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 5 Concourse Parkway, 21st Floor, Atlanta, GA 30328.