Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Indiana Small Business Insurance
We provide Indiana business insurance to professional services companies. Hiscox small business insurance coverage includes professional liability insurance and general liability insurance. Hiscox small business insurance products include:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: An interior designer invites a prospective client to their home office to review color and fabric samples. The client trips on the steps and breaks their arm. The designer has a general liability insurance policy which could cover the costs of the client’s injuries.
- Property damage/data loss: An IT consultant is installing a new network at a client’s office. While transferring the data from the old server to the new one, several important files are corrupted. The client sues the consultant for the financial implications of the lost data. A general liability policy could cover these costs, protecting the IT consultant.
- Discrimination: A company retained a human resources consultant to oversee the hiring of a large number of seasonal employees. A number of applicants claimed they were being directed toward lower paying positions because they were women. They filed suit against both the hiring company and the consultant. Professional liability insurance protects HR consultants against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: An IT project manager is contracted to manage a major technology migration with a hard project end date. Halfway into the project, the IT PM discovers a technical problem that will delay the migration. The client is angry and accuses the project manager of not doing his due diligence of project review up front before signing the contract. Professional liability insurance protects IT project managers against claims of negligence and software copyright infringement, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Protection even if you haven’t made a mistake: A bookkeeper, who does not provide tax advice, is sued by a client when they are audited by the IRS. Professional liability insurance could pay for the bookkeeper’s defense costs, as well as any settlement or judgment.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Indiana:
How Hiscox can help your business in IN:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Customized Insurance: Insurance tailored to meet your needs and save you money.
- Claims Responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Worldwide coverage: An Indiana business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. territory, or Canada.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Indiana business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Joseph, Indianapolis, Indiana
"E & O Insurance"
Great customer service
"Exceptional insurance for a great price Representatives were specific, efficient, and polite.
Documents were prepared and emailed in a speedy fashion. I feel protected and that appropriate needs are covered. I would purchase Hiscox insurance again and would recommend to peers."
Leveda, Medora, Indiana
"My service feedback with Hiscox"
Fast and friendly service
Mary, Munster, IN
“Easy! The process was very easy and pleasant!”
Stephen, Jeffersonville, IN
"Professional. They seemed professional and did a good job handling my request.”
All of our insurance products have been fully approved by the Idaho Department of Insurance and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., an Illinois insurance company whose license number is 4539.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.