Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Idaho Small Business Insurance
As small business insurance specialists we understand that every business is different, which is why we don’t offer one-size-fits-all solution. We customize our small business insurance in Idaho to the specific risks you face, ensuring you get the right coverage at the right price. Hiscox small business insurance products include:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A prospective client comes to a job site to see the work a finish carpenter is doing. While there, the client trips over one of the carpenters tools and is injured. The carpenter’s general liability insurance policy could cover the costs associated with the injuries sustained by the client.
- Property damage: A landscaper’s assistant inadvertently cuts down a rare tree on a client’s property. The landscaper’s general liability policy could cover the cost to replace the tree.
- Damage to third-party property: A tutor goes to the home of a student. While they are working, the tutor accidentally knocks over a very expensive lamp, breaking it. The student’s parents demand that the tutor replace the lamp. General liability insurance protects tutors against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: A bookkeeper provided revenue and expense information to a client’s accountant who prepared the client’s taxes. The client was audited, and irregularities were found which resultant in a fine from the IRS. The client sued the bookkeeper for negligence. Professional liability insurance protects bookkeepers against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Dissatisfied client: A financial advisor suggests a specific investment for a client who has expressed comfort with a high degree of risk. The investment does well and the advisor urges the client to sell, which they refuse to do. The investment declines significantly, and the client sues the advisor for not selling. A professional liability policy could pay for the advisor to defend themselves.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Idaho:
How Hiscox can help your business in ID:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Customized Insurance: Insurance tailored to meet your needs and save you money.
- Claims Responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, we will immediately defend you even if the claim has no basis and, if necessary, appoint an attorney.
- Worldwide coverage: We protect you for work done by your business anywhere in the world, as long as the covered claim is filed in the United States, a US territory, or Canada.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Moses, Idaho Falls, ID
“Friendly Approach and clear communication”
They were Friendly and Communicated clearly.
Grantis, San Jose, CA
“Easy and What I Needed!”
Agents were very nice and answered all my questions. I feel safe with my policy and look forward to taking my business further.
Lynne, Tampa Bay Area, FL
“Great service and reasonable rates!”
I liked the experience and the service was great that I referred two colleagues!
Coria, Richmond, VA
“Great insurance...reasonable rates!”
Initially was suppose to receive some calls back and did not but I will say that everyone has always been courteous. When it did finalize my plan and package everything went great.
Terry, Chicago, IL
First I was pleased with the Hiscox long experience in providing biz insurance and how easy it was to use their website to get a quote and sign up. I made a typo mistake in my company name and it was easily correctable on the website. Soon after getting the insurance I had to add a client as "additional insured" and it was easy to get personal support from Hiscox to add the client and generate the policy paperwork I needed. I feel like I'm working with a company that knows what it's doing, has excellent products, easy-to-use website and accessible service! Exceeded expectations!
All of our insurance products have been fully approved by the Idaho Department of Insurance and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., an Illinois insurance company whose license number is 4539.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.