Delaware Small Business Insurance
As one of the best insurance companies in Delaware, we understand what makes small businesses tick, and why it’s so important to get an insurance policy that covers what you do day to day. That’s why we don’t do one-size-fits-all solutions: so you get the right coverage at the right price. We’re highly experienced in dealing with Delaware business insurance concerns across a range of industries in the state. Our options for your policy include:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: At a trade show, a booth designed by a marketing consultant falls down, injuring one of the client’s sales reps who is in the booth at the time. The consultant’s general liability policy could cover the costs associated with the sales rep’s injuries.
- Personal injury: A temporary paralegal hired by a divorce attorney is eating lunch at a local restaurant with a friend. They are having a conversation about one of the attorney’s clients who is in the midst of a messy divorce. The conversation is overheard by the client’s ex-wife, who uses the information she hears to extract a larger settlement in the divorce. The client sues the attorney for slander, but a professional liability policy could protect them.
- Defamation and slander: An educational consultant was hired to help a family obtain special education services for their child. The director of special education at the school the child attends was difficult to work with. At a local conference, the consultant was overheard making disparaging comments about the director, and word got back to them. The director sued the consultant for slander and defamation. General liability insurance protects education consultants against third-party claims of defamation/slander, property damage, bodily injury and associated medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs to make a smart and forward-thinking decision for your business.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Dissatisfied client: A bookkeeper kept records for a new client and handed them over to the client’s accountant at tax time. The accountant found that the client owed a large amount in taxes. The client alleged that the bookkeeper’s methods resulted in the large tax debt, and filed a claim. Professional liability insurance protects bookkeepers against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Negligence: A wedding photographer is asked by the bride to take pictures of relatives who live far away. The photographer tasks their assistant with taking the shots, but they neglect to do so. The mistake is not discovered until the relatives are back home, and the bride sues. The photographer could be protected by a professional liability policy.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Delaware:
How Hiscox can help your business in DE:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Customized Insurance: Insurance tailored to meet your needs and save you money.
- Claims Responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory, or Canada.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Delaware business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Paul, Wilmington, DE
“Best Web to Pick Work Area Selection”
You are the only insurance web site that had my area listed. Less explaining
Muhammad, Chicago, IL
“Warm welcome and top notch customer service”
Excellent customer service
Dena, Santa Fe, TX
“Hiscox came to my rescue, fast & affordable!”
I needed a new international biz policy written immediately. Hiscox reps and procedures surprised me with high quality, fast, affordable service. They blew away their competitors in every way. They were: Friendly Professional Knowledgeable Quality Patient Helpful Speedy AFFORDABLE! I was pleasantly surprised! Thank you!
Jong, South California
“Liability insurance premium is affordable. I will keep this insurance policy until I am working my business operation. Thanks Hiscox's insurance service.”
Horace, Houston, TX
Friendly, fast, reasonable. Why do business anywhere else?
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 5 Concourse Parkway, 21st Floor, Atlanta, GA 30328.