Insurance for programming businesses
Who needs programming liability insurance?
If you have a computer programming business, you probably spend hours typing pages of code into programs for your clients. And, if you work in IT, you know the importance of safeguarding your work. Because clients rely on your expertise, it’s imperative that you keep all computer systems operational and not vulnerable to cyberattacks. It only takes one weak password or missing data encryption for you to become the target of a lawsuit. Here's an example.
Let's say you're offering consulting services to a bank and upgrade their software and virus protection. But, you forget to include a section in your training manual on common vulnerabilities to avoid. A staff member mistakenly clicks on a phishing email that looks legitimate but it installs malware and cyber thieves steal sensitive bank data. The bank might sue you for financial damages even though you’re not at fault. Your insurance policy protects you from risks like this.
Insurance can cover the following risks:
• Computer systems, equipment and property damage.
• Injuries or damage when hauling, installing or moving equipment.
• Cyber-attacks and online data breaches.
• Services you offer that lead to a loss of revenue or data.
• Professional negligence or giving bad advice.
As an IT professional or programmer, reducing losses can help improve your business reputation. And, it can keep your services in high demand. Because you're exposed to different sorts of risks than other professions, Hiscox offers several types of specialized insurance.
Other IT professions we insure
Types of programming insurance policies available
For most businesses, there are four basic types of liability insurance policies available. They let you confidently take the right risks so you can protect your programming business.
Why do programming professionals choose Hiscox?
At Hiscox, we know it’s challenging enough to complete programming code in a short period of time. It's also challenging working for yourself in a competitive environment. And, that's why we’re here to help. Our small business insurance policies give you extra support so you can take the right risks (without all the bugs).
Here's why other IT and programming professionals choose Hiscox:
- Claims responsiveness: Reporting a covered claim? Hiscox immediately assigns an agent to assist you.
- Commitment to service: We rank 4.7/5 for customer service.
- Coverage for contracts: Our coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Custom insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours specific to your risk factors.
- Flexible payment options: We offer annual or monthly payment plans without additional fees.
- Worldwide coverage: Hiscox covers businesses that work globally as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.