Insurance for interpreters and translators
Why do interpreters and translators need insurance?
Interpreters and translators face a number of risks, ranging from negligence to property damage and bodily injury. Here's an example.
You're multilingual and working with people from different countries who don't get along. You translate what you've heard correctly, but one of the parties is hostile and denies what you know they said. They blame you and sue for further breaking down discussions.
In another example, you're translating a speech and do the currency calculations incorrectly. The extra zero that you left off mistakenly leads to financial losses. The entities involved sue you for damages. Hiscox helps you protect your business from the risks you can't see coming.
Whether you're bilingual, multilingual, or translating sign language, you're vulnerable to errors. We offer a wide range of insurance products to support and protect you.
Related professions we also insure
Insurance policies available for interpreters/translators
Why do interpreters/translators choose Hiscox?
As an interpreter or translator, you're responsible for everything you say (literally). Having insurance is a safeguard against the risks you can’t see coming. With quality coverage, you can confidently make sound business decisions stress-free.
- Claims responsiveness: Our knowledgeable team is ready to assist with your covered claims.
- Commitment to service: Our friendly and knowledgeable agents have a 4.7/5 rating.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Flexible plans: Set up convenient monthly payments. There are no hidden fees and it's easier to manage your cash flow.
- Global assistance: Work globally with Hiscox. When filing claims, file them in the U.S., a U.S. Territory, or Canada.
- Custom insurance: We can create a custom insurance policy specific to your needs.
No one can tell what pitfalls are up ahead. But, here at Hiscox, we'll help you get back up again. Get a fast and free quote today. Call us at 1-866-283-7545. Our team of licensed agents is available Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.