Insurance for mental
Who needs mental health counselor insurance?
Mental health counselors who assist patients in working through personal issues, such as anger management, depression, aging, parenting, relationships, stress or addiction should consider seeking professional and general liability insurance. A number of issues can occur as a result of working with clients who don't understand or connect with certain methodologies, as well as patient confidentiality and privacy issues. Getting counselor insurance is an effective way to protect yourself while providing beneficial mental health services to patients across all walks of life—especially for therapists who work in private practices.
Related professions we also insure
Policies available for mental health counselors
For most mental health counselors, there are two main types of insurance policies worth considering, each of which offers its own aspects of protection to help you run your business without interruption.
Why do mental health counselors choose Hiscox?
At Hiscox, we understand just how much work goes into running a mental health counseling business. Whether you run a private practice or are working as a therapist in a different capacity, we can help your business grow by drastically reducing risk with our Professional Liability insurance policies and allowing you to focus on what truly matters: providing beneficial services to clients in need.
Here are six reasons why therapists choose Hiscox above other providers for professional liability insurance and general liability insurance:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.