Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for personal care assistants?
As a personal care assistant, you provide care, comfort and protection to your clients. But you also face specific risks. Hiscox understands these risks and we customize coverage for your specific business needs.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Negligence: The family of a client sues a personal care assistant when the client is hospitalized with an infection. They claim that the care assistant failed to change the dressings from a recent surgery, which led to the infection. We may cover defense costs as well as any settlement or judgment, up to the policy limits of liability.
- Sexual misconduct: A client has had a personal care assistant for years and starts speaking and acting as if the relationship was more. The personal care assistant recognizes that this is happening and asks that the patient find a different care giver. The client sues for abandonment and claims the personal care assistant initiated the inappropriate relationship. Professional liability insurance could protect you against claims of negligence even if you haven’t done anything wrong.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: An elderly client falls and breaks her hip while you are at her home. Her family alleges that you did not keep her apartment clear of obstructions and claims that you are at fault for her injuries. We could cover the client’s claim and medical expenses up to your limits of liability.
- Property damage: A personal care assistant is in a client’s home, knocks over and breaks an expensive antique vase. We may cover the cost to replace the vase, up to the limits of your liability.
- Personal injury: A personal care assistant is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of their clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We may cover the subsequent claim, up to the policy limits of liability, and pay for an attorney if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why personal care assistants choose Hiscox:
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about Kentuckian business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Howard, Ellensburg, WA
"I am glad to have chosen Hiscox, I got the policy over the phone. He answered my questions. And I felt good for making the decision on the insurance.”
Shawn Goddard, Kansas
"great deal. very quick and easy process, half of what I was paying through local companies. "
Mary, Munster, IN
“Easy! The process was very easy and pleasant!”
James Schoonover, Midland Texas
Very pleased. I was apprehensive about Internet insurance but it was very easy, painless and when I phone in everyone was very helpful and knowledgeable. Very happy so far.
The service was great! All my needs were taken care of.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.