Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for dieticians/nutritionists?
If you are a licensed nutritionist, you can be sued – even if you have done nothing wrong. Your best solution is to protect yourself with liability insurance.
The exact coverage that is best for you depends on the details of your business. Many Hiscox customers seek to optimize their coverage by choosing both professional liability and general liability policies. To assure that you get the best coverage for your business, see the examples below.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Loss of personal information: By mistake, a nutritionist misplaces a file with sensitive client information. It was an accident of course, but the information is compromised and the client sues for personally identifiable information. Professional liability insurance could protect nutritionists against personally identifiable information claims and will appoint an attorney to defend them if necessary.
- Protection even if you haven’t made a mistake: A nutritionist is advising a patient on a weight loss program, but after a few months of treatment the patient is diagnosed as pre-diabetic. The patient blames the nutritionist and makes a claim. Professional liability insurance could protect you in such a situation.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Personal injury: A dietician made disparaging and untrue comments about one of their clients to a coworker. The client turned out to be a friend of the coworker and the conversation got back to the client, who sued the dietician for slander. General liability insurance could protect dieticians against third-party claims of slander, property damage, bodily injury and associated medical costs.
- Bodily injury: A patient who has just undergone bariatric surgery comes to see a nutritionist to get help to recommend a special diet. On her way back to the waiting room after her consultation, she slips on a floor mat and fractures her wrist. General liability insurance could protect against another person's claims for bodily injury and property damage.
- Property damage: While in a client’s home for an in-home visit, a nutritionist accidentally knocks over an expensive vase, breaking it. A general liability policy could cover the subsequent claim, up to the policy's limits of liability.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why dieticians/nutritionists choose Hiscox:
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your nutritionist/ dietician business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Charlotte, Garland, Texas
Good. They got back to me right away
Brenda, Jacksonville, FL
"I loved my experience!" I was very satisfied with my policy and price. Very doable! Everyone was eager to help and definitely informative. Excellent customer service. Hiscox provides great policy information and easy to understand detailed explanations of insurance terms. This allows for the ability to make a sound and informed business decision. I would recommend this company as a possible insurance source. I would purchase from them again.”
Christy, Brooksville, Florida
Fabulous, friendly, informed, and informative.
Lanice, New Orleans, LA
Service Rating "Highly recommend this company to do business"
Very easy, convenient, professional service
Jeffrey, Boca Raton, FL
“The representative was very helpful and knowledgeable. She was a pleasure to deal with. She made the process extremely simple and straightforward.”
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.