San Francisco Small Business Insurance
Hiscox offers small businesses a new way to buy business insurance in California (and all other states except Alaska) starting at $22.50 a month either online or over the phone from a licensed agent in minutes. We specialize in general liability insurance, professional liability insurance (also known as errors and omissions insurance) and business owners policy. Buy business insurance tailored to your profession starting with a fast, free quote now.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A client comes in to review plans in an architect’s office on a rainy day. The client slips and falls in the wet foyer, requiring a trip to the emergency room. General liability insurance could cover the claim for medical expenses up to the policy limit.
- Property damage: A landscaper’s assistant inadvertently cuts down a rare tree on a client’s property. The landscaper’s general liability policy could cover the cost to replace the tree.
- Accidental property damage: A building inspector was hired to inspect a renovation project in an office building. Part of the building was occupied. While the inspector was passing through the occupied section of the building, he inadvertently knocked an expensive vase off a table in a lobby area. General liability insurance protects building inspectors against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: A personal trainer advises a client to perform a series of exercises. The client then complains of back pain, which turns out to be due to a previous injury that was not disclosed to the trainer. The client makes a claim of negligence against the trainer. A professional liability policy could cover the cost to defend the trainer, including settlement or judgment, up to policy limits.
- Dissatisfied client: A financial advisor suggests a specific investment for a client who has expressed comfort with a high degree of risk. The investment does well and the advisor urges the client to sell, which they refuse to do. The investment declines significantly, and the client sues the advisor for not selling. A professional liability policy could pay for the advisor to defend themselves.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Office insurance for business interruption: While photographing a wedding on a boat, one of the photographer’s expensive cameras goes overboard into the bay. A business owner’s policy could cover the cost to replace the camera, subject to policy limits, and keep the business up and running.
- The office next to a credit counseling agency has a water pipe burst and the water leaks into the office next to it, damaging several desks, chairs, and computers. The credit counseling agency’s business owner’s policy could cover the cost to replace the damaged furniture and equipment.
Learn more about business owners insurance.
Hiscox now offers state mandated workers compensation insurance to ensure that injured workers receive prompt and fair compensation for job-related injuries and diseases. In most states, laws require you to pay for an injured worker’s medical care, lost wages, and death benefits. A Hiscox Workers Compensation Insurance policy must be purchased with another Hiscox business insurance policy. To get a free quote, call us at 855-743-2308 and speak to a licensed insurance agent, Mon-Fri 8am-10pm ET.
Comparison to Competition:
Example professions we insure in San Francisco:
About our San Francisco Hiscox Office
While there are other Bay area insurance companies here, the Hiscox Business Insurance office in San Francisco boasts being strategically located between the Golden Gate Bridge and Fisherman’s Wharf, two of the most iconic features of the city. California business insurance is the focus of our San Francisco office and is comprised of underwriters, claims and national business leaders responsible for technology errors and omissions insurance (or E&O insurance also known as professional liability insurance), product innovation, and claims.
San Francisco, located in northern California, is the cultural and economic hub and is known for breath taking scenery and historic popular culture. Many people think of the rolling hills, colorful row houses and cable cars, however, this is also a great financial center as many San Francisco companies are international in scope and dimension. Scouring the impressive skyline, the Transamerica Pyramid rises distinctly above the commercial city center and warrants recognition.
Hiscox San Francisco Office
101 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business, too. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Doc, San Francisco, California
“Great rates and professional service!”
Ann, San Francisco, California
“My insurance problem was resolved. The representative was pleasant, professional, and efficient in helping m insurance need. I recommended your company to another peer in my field and would continue to do so.”
Phil, San Francisco, California
“Excellent service from Hiscox for General Liability insurance.”
Jacqueline, San Francisco, California
“Quick service. It was very easy.”
Garth, M. Anaheim, CA
"Fantastic fast and easy. Completed purchase online. Lowest price I could find. Service was fantastic. I was able to complete my purchase entirely online quickly and got a great price. The application was easy and fast to fill out and answered all of my questions. I am sorry I had never heard of Hiscox before but glad I found it now."
“East and surprisingly enjoyable experience. It was a very easy and enjoyable experience. I was not anticipating that. I had contacted other insurance companies prior contacting Hiscox. The agent I talked to was knowledgeable and genuine in her curiosity and friendliness. I felt taken care of. Also, the quote was lower than other insurance companies and it fit my budget.”
Stacie, San Diego, CA
“IT WAS VERY EASY AND FAST TO GET A QUOTE AND THEN A POLICY!!! excellent customer service!!”
Susan, Lafayette, California
“Excellent all the way around! :-) I got very prompt, efficient service. Also, you had the very best rate for my needs...it made all the difference so i could afford to rent a very small office space to tutor my students! Thanks again. I would definitely use this company again and happy to recommend to friends”
Our products have been approved by the California Department of Insurance, and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., and Illinois insurance company whose license number is 8754.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.