Hawaii Small Business Insurance
When it comes to insurance companies in Hawaii, small business owners want to know they’re dealing with someone who understands their concerns, and offers the help and advice that’s right for them. That’s why at Hiscox, we offer customized policies designed to work exactly the way your business needs them to. We're known for our adaptable policies, and our Hawaiian business insurance options cover everything individual businesses need to think about when protecting their staff, clients or work. Hiscox coverage can include the following as part of your policy:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A customer comes into a real estate office on a rainy day and slips on the tile floor, breaking their arm. The store owner is liable for the medical costs associated with the customer’s injury, but could be protected by a general liability insurance policy.
- Property damange/data loss: An HR consultant has a client company’s payroll records on their laptop. The laptop is damaged and the data cannot be recovered. The consultant’s general liability policy could cover the costs associated with recreating the lost data.
- Make-up spill: A make-up artist went to a bride’s home to do the bridal party’s make-up before the wedding. She spilled liquid eyeliner on an expensive carpet, staining it. The bride’s parents sued for the cost to clean the carpet. General liability insurance protects beauticians and cosmetologists against third party claims of property damage, bodily injury and related medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs to make a smart and forward-thinking decision for your business.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Dissatisfied client: An IT consultant is hired to review a client’s website and network security to find weaknesses. A month later, the client’s website gets hacked and he sues the IT consultant for faulty work. Professional liability protects IT consultants against claims of negligence even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Negligence: A financial advisor hires a temporary worker to help out during tax season. The temp incorrectly credits an IRA contribution for the previous tax year, which causes a client to have to pay additional tax and a penalty. The client sues the advisor to recover the penalty, but the advisor is protected by a professional liability insurance policy.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Hawaii:
How Hiscox can help your business in HI:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Hawaii business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
"Good experience getting the coverage I was looking for. It was relatively easy to complete the application. I quickly got a quote. I was able to change the coverage and immediately knew what the new premium would be."
Jason, Oahu, Hawaii
“Very fast and easy! Best rates available as well... Thanks!”
Paul, Kaaawa, Hawaii
"Straightforward, easy step by step process"
Corey, Maui, Hawaii
“Awesome customer service, very fast & efficient. Would definitely recommend Hiscox to any potential customer!”
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 5 Concourse Parkway, 21st Floor, Atlanta, GA 30328.