Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for home healthcare aides?
As a home healthcare aide, you provide care, comfort and protection to your clients. But you also face specific risks. Hiscox understands these risks and we customize coverage for your specific business needs.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Negligence: The family of a client sues you when the client is hospitalized with an infection. They claim that you failed to change the dressings from a recent surgery, which led to the infection. We may cover your defense costs as well as any settlement or judgement, up to your limits of liability.
- Loss of personal information: By mistake, a you misplace a file with sensitive client information. It was an accident of course, and the information is compromised. If the client files a claim, we could cover claims subject to the limit of insurance.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: An elderly client falls and breaks her hip while you are at her home. Her family alleges that you did not keep her apartment clear of obstructions and claims that you are at fault for her injuries. We could cover the client’s claim and medical expenses up to your limits of liability.
- Property damage: While you are in a client’s home, you knock over and break an expensive antique vase. We may cover the cost to replace the vase, up to the limits of your liability.
- Personal injury: While at lunch an employee is talking to the owner of the shop about one of their clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We will cover the subsequent claim, up to your limits of liability, and pay for an attorney if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why do home healthcare aides choose Hiscox?
- Passion for service: Knowledgeable agents provide exceptional service – 4.7/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 855-974-6363 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 9am-5:30pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Barbara, San Diego, California
Fast response, pleasant customer service and overall great experience!
Jay, Los Angeles, California
Great price and service.
Service Rating "My service feedback with Hiscox"
Was quick and easy
"Quick and efficient professional service. Very professional! Explained coverage available and tailored it to my needs expeditiously."
Miriam, Seattle, WA
"Everything was explained to my satisfaction. Very easy, informative. Clear explanations made the decision fast and easy to make. "
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.