Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for health professionals?
As a health professional you spend your working hours helping people feel and perform better. Every work day for you is different – different from the last, and different from the days of other health professionals. We understand this “differentness” and this is why the insurance for health professionals offered by Hiscox is customized to your specific needs. We cover a range of health industry professions, including (but not limited to):
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Client injury: A massage therapist performs a deep tissue massage on a client who mentioned some shoulder pain before the massage but assured the therapist it was nothing. While performing a shoulder stretch during the massage, the patient winces and asks the therapist to stop. A day later the client accuses the therapist of causing a torn ligament in his shoulder, which will require costly surgery to fix. Professional liability insurance could protect you if such a claim is made.
- Faulty advice: A nutritionist is advising a patient on a weight loss program, but after a few months of treatment the patient is diagnosed as pre-diabetic. The patient blames the nutritionist - and he sues for malpractice. Professional liability insurance (errors and omissions) insurance could protect you in such a situation.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: After a lengthy massage a client leans on the massage table’s headrest to steady herself as she was getting up. Not designed to support a person’s full weight, the headrest snaps off. The client injures her arm trying to prevent a fall and sues the massage therapist for damages. Hiscox may cover the subsequent claim and related medical expenses, up to your general liability policy's limits of liability.
- Property damage: A patient arrives at an audiology office for a diagnostic test. The receptionist at the office trips over the patient's laptop bag, breaking the laptop. Even though this was an accident, the patient blames the receptionist and makes a claim. General liability insurance could protect against claims of bodily injury and property damage.
- Personal injury: While out with some friends, a dietician begins talking about a client in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this conversation and sues for slander. We may cover the subsequent claim up to the limit of liability, and pay for an attorney if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why health professionals choose Hiscox:
- Buy Direct: Get the right insurance immediately. Hiscox offers business insurance coverage that can be bought directly and online in real time.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Competitive Rates: Our small business insurance quotes start from $22.50 per month in most states.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Lisa, Colorado springs
' Good price easy process '
Very easy to choose what you need without over paying.
' Simple & straightforward process '
Setting up a new business has been challenging & Hiscox made this step of the process very simple & straightforward. I wanted to bundle my small business insurance w/the company that I have my homeowner's insurance with, but they simply did not understand the need for Professional Liability (E&O).
Judie, San Diego
' Easy and straight forward. '
Easy and straight forward. Competitive price. Sales person was friendly and had good follow up.
Allen, Wildomar, CA
' Great service, at a great price! '
The agent was very helpful and answered all my questions. The price was great.
Katherine in Blue Springs, MO
' Fantastic Customer Service '
Fantastic Customer Service! Quickly reviewed and assessed my needs saving me money and time. Loved getting my documents right away!
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.