Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for nail technicians?
Small business insurance is critical if you are a licensed nail technician. You can be sued – even if you have done nothing wrong. Cutting a client during a manicure or pedicure and causing them injury is something you could be held liable for. Your best solution is to protect yourself with nail technician insurance.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Protection even if you haven’t made a mistake: A nail technician gives a pedicure to a client, but foot lotion she applies afterwards causes an allergic reaction that alarms the client. She is so upset, she sees a doctor and insists that the nail technician pay the doctor’s bill. Professional liability insurance could protect you if such a claim is made.
- Loss of personal information: By mistake, a nail technician misplaces a file with sensitive client information. It was an accident of course, and the information is compromised. If the client sues, we may cover claims subject to the limit of insurance.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Claims of injury: A nail technician applies an expensive fingernail treatment to a client. The artwork is very intricate and takes a long time to complete. When the client gets up to stretch her legs before completing her service, she slips on a wet spot on the floor and has to go the emergency room. General liability insurance could protect you against another person’s bodily injury or property loss or damage.
- Client's property damage: A client schedules an in-home nail appointment. While in the client's home, the nail technician accidentally knocked over a computer monitor, breaking it. A general liability policy could cover the subsequent claim, up to the policy's limits of liability.
- Personal injury: While at lunch, a nail technician talks to one of their friends about a client in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this conversation and sues for slander. A general liability policy may cover the subsequent claim up to the limit of liability, and pay for an attorney if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why nail technicians choose Hiscox:
- Buy Direct: Get the right insurance immediately. Hiscox offers business insurance coverage that can be bought directly and online in real time.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Competitive Rates: Our small business insurance quotes start from $22.50 per month in most states.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your nail technician business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Edward, Los Angeles, CA
Really surprising. I've been buying business insurance products for 12 years now and never even heard of Hiscox. Not sure why. The experience from quotation through to binding was effortless. The site is designed with thoughtfulness and is easy to navigate. I was also really impressed with the new Hiscox ad campaign featuring everyday courageous business folks making their mark in this world. The reality of taking risks. I identified a lot with this as a small business owner. I will definitely use Hiscox again.
Francisco, Orange Park, FL
“Fast and simple online service”
Fast and simple online business insurance...everything should be this convenient.
Roberta, Greensboro, NC
“This was a great experience and I would recommend to others.”
I was satisfied with experience of purchasing a policy
Maggie, Baton Rouge, LA
“Quick, Easy and Reasonably Priced!”
Obtaining a policy through Hiscox was quick and easy. Prices were very reasonable. Hiscox was recommended by a colleague that I met at a business seminar; I’m SO glad he told me about the company!
David, Henrico, VA
It was very easy to get the insurance but I had to call and get them to change the card I started the insurance with and I guess they charged a dollar to do this because I noticed a $1 charge on my bank statement they need to let customers know of this charge ahead of time other than that so far known problem with this insurance company.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.