Who needs nail technician insurance?
Whether your salon specializes in nail care or provides a variety of beauty services for clients, insurance for nail salons can help protect your business from the unexpected. Coverage is crucial for every service you provide, from manicures and pedicures to callus removal and synthetic nail treatments. When you invest in liability insurance, you invest in the future of your business.
For businesses with a wide selection of beauty and spa services, Hiscox offers a range of related insurance policies.
Example professions we insure
Policies available for nail technicians
Professional Liability Insurance for nail technicians
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for nail salons like yours. This type of insurance coverage can help keep you protected in industry-specific situations, such as if a disappointed customer sues you or if your receptionist loses sensitive client data.
Here are a few other examples of how professional liability can protect your business:
- Protection even if you haven’t made a mistake: A nail technician gives a pedicure to a client, but the client has an allergic reaction to the foot lotion used. The client sees a doctor and insists that the nail technician pay the medical bill. Professional liability insurance could protect nail technicians if such a claim is made.
- Loss of personal information: By mistake, a nail technician misplaces a file with sensitive client information. The information is compromised. If the client sues, professional liability may cover claims subject to the limit of insurance.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General Liability Insurance for nail technicians
General liability insurance sometimes called commercial general liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, personal injury, and damage to property. This type of insurance may also provide protection if one of your employees makes slanderous comments about a client.
Consider the following instances in which CGL coverage can help your business:
- Claims of injury: A nail technician applies an expensive fingernail treatment to a client. The client gets up to stretch her legs before completing her service, slips on a wet spot on the floor and has to go the emergency room. General liability insurance could protect nail salons against another person’s bodily injury claims.
- Client's property damage: A client schedules an in-home nail appointment. While in the client's home, the nail technician accidentally spilling a bottle of nail polish all over the client’s carpet. A general liability policy could cover the subsequent claim, up to the policy's limits of liability.
- Personal injury: While at lunch with a friend, a nail technician talks about a client in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this conversation and sues for slander. A general liability policy may cover the subsequent claim up to the limit of liability and pay for an attorney if necessary.
Of course, it’s impossible to predict all potential risks before welcoming a new customer into your salon. Ensure protection for your business and request nail technicians insurance quote today.
Why nail technicians choose Hiscox:
Here are five reasons why nail technicians make Hiscox their small business insurance company of choice.
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your nail technician business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Edward, Los Angeles, CA
Really surprising. I've been buying business insurance products for 12 years now and never even heard of Hiscox. Not sure why. The experience from quotation through to binding was effortless. The site is designed with thoughtfulness and is easy to navigate. I was also really impressed with the new Hiscox ad campaign featuring everyday courageous business folks making their mark in this world. The reality of taking risks. I identified a lot with this as a small business owner. I will definitely use Hiscox again.
Francisco, Orange Park, FL
“Fast and simple online service”
Fast and simple online business insurance...everything should be this convenient.
Roberta, Greensboro, NC
“This was a great experience and I would recommend to others.”
I was satisfied with experience of purchasing a policy
Maggie, Baton Rouge, LA
“Quick, Easy and Reasonably Priced!”
Obtaining a policy through Hiscox was quick and easy. Prices were very reasonable. Hiscox was recommended by a colleague that I met at a business seminar; I’m SO glad he told me about the company!
David, Henrico, VA
It was very easy to get the insurance but I had to call and get them to change the card I started the insurance with and I guess they charged a dollar to do this because I noticed a $1 charge on my bank statement they need to let customers know of this charge ahead of time other than that so far known problem with this insurance company.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.