What kind of insurance is best for Beauty Professionals?
The beauty industry is all glitz and glam on the outside with lots of serious business on the inside. You’ve dedicated your career to helping people look good and feel great about their appearance, and Hiscox is dedicated to providing you with small business insurance that’s customized to your specific needs. We cover a range of beauty industry professions, including (but not limited to):
Example professions we insure
Insurance policies available for Beauty Professionals
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Lost wages: A hairdresser messes up a newscaster’s hair causing them to miss work. The client sues for lost wages and the incremental cost of having their hair done by someone else. Professional liability insurance could protect you if such a claim is made.
- Treatment gone wrong: An esthetician applies a chemical peel for a client. This client just returned from a vacation where she was in the sun all day. The client’s skin looked fine before the vacation but the extreme sun exposure on sensitive skin caused painful, ugly burns. The client decides to blame the esthetician and sues. Professional liability insurance could protect you if such a claim is made.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Personal injury: A make-up artist went to a bar after work with some friends. After a few drinks, she began talking loudly about a client. The comments were overheard by friends of the client, so word got back to the client, who sued the make-up artist for slander. General liability insurance may protect make-up artists against third-party claims of defamation and slander, property damage, and associated medical costs.
- Bodily injury: A nail technician completes a manicure for a client leaving on a cruise and gives her a tube of serum designed to lengthen the manicure’s life. When the client uses it, she develops a rash all over her fingers and has to postpone the cruise. She sues the manicurist. The subsequent claim and related medical expenses could be covered. General liability insurance could protect against third-party claims of property damage, bodily injury and associated medical costs.
- Damage to client property: A cosmetologist gets hired to provide makeup styling on a commercial video shoot. She sets her bags on a shelf, but realizes two seconds too late that the shelf can’t support the bag’s weight, causing the shelf to buckle, and the bag to fall directly on top of a box of expensive props. Your general liability policy could cover the subsequent claim, up to your policy's limits of liability.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs for your business.
Why do Beauty Professionals choose Hiscox?
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your beauty business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Ahmad, New York City, NY
Excellent- Quick- Professional
David, Clearwater, FL
Yes, Thanks for your professional service
Timothy, Seattle, WA
“Application was simple, quick.”
The application process was easy to use and explained each area with enough detail for me. I am a new customer, so I do not have a lot of experience with the Hiscox, but so far the experience is good.
Susan, Bloomfield, NY
“Returning to Hiscox”
Customer service is very friendly and helpful.
Answered my questions and provided a good quote on my business insurance. I would recommend other small business check them out
Paul, John’s Creek, GA
“I would recommend Hiscox to trainers and students, Gives Playmar S&C a sense of security.”
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.