Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Los Angeles Small Business Insurance
Hiscox offers businesses a new way to buy small business insurance in California (and all other states except Alaska) starting at $22.50 per month either online or over the phone from a licensed agent in minutes. Hiscox specializes in general liability insurance, professional liability insurance (also known as errors and omissions insurance) and business owners policy. Buy business insurance tailored to your profession starting with a fast, free quote now.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: While a photographer is setting up to shoot stills on a movie set, a bystander trips and breaks their wrist. A general liability insurance policy could cover the claim for medical expenses up to the policy limits.
- Data loss: An HR consultant has a client company’s payroll records on their laptop. The laptop is damaged and the data cannot be recovered. The consultant’s general liability policy could cover the costs associated with recreating the lost data.
- Damage to third-party property: A tutor goes to the home of a student. While they are working, the tutor accidentally knocks over a very expensive lamp, breaking it. The student’s parents demand that the tutor replace the lamp. General liability insurance protects tutors against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: An esthetician in a spa is talking to a co-worker about a customer in a false and unflattering way. Another customer overhears the conversation and reports it to the subject of the conversation, who sues for slander. A professional liability policy could cover the cost to defend the esthetician, including a settlement or judgment, up to policy limits.
- Copyright infringement: A graphic designer creates a logo for a client in the technology space. Several months after the client begins to use the logo, they receive a cease and desist order from a large corporation in another industry, stating that the logo infringes on their copyright. The client sues the designer to recover the costs to redesign the logo and reprint their marketing materials. The designer is protected by a professional liability policy, which could cover their costs.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Office insurance for business interruption: An IT consultant leaves their laptop in a taxi and it is never recovered. A business owner’s policy could cover the cost to replace the computer, up to policy limits, and keep the business up and running.
- A recruiter leaves his work computer in his car while driving to a company offsite meeting, where it gets broken into. A business owner’s policy could cover the cost to replace the computer and get the recruiter back up and running.
Learn more about business owners insurance.
Hiscox now offers state mandated workers compensation insurance to ensure that injured workers receive prompt and fair compensation for job-related injuries and diseases. In most states, laws require you to pay for an injured worker’s medical care, lost wages, and death benefits. A Hiscox Workers Compensation Insurance policy must be purchased with another Hiscox business insurance policy. To get a free quote, call us at 855-743-2308 and speak to a licensed insurance agent, Mon-Fri 8am-10pm ET.
Comparison to Competition:
Example professions we insure in Los Angeles:
About our Los Angeles Hiscox Office
The Hiscox Business Insurance office in the southwest region located in Los Angeles includes underwriters for all Hiscox lines of business, with an especially strong pedigree of Media E&O and Entertainment Production underwriting. Since opening in 2008, the LA team covers New Mexico, Nevada, Southern California, and Hawaii. We are proud to offer business insurance in California and the surrounding southwest region.
The City of Los Angeles is located in southern California and is known mainly as being the entertainment capital of the world in addition to having a paradisiacal climate and a 75 mile coastline of world class beaches. A diverse population made up of ethnicities from 180 different countries, Los Angeles is known as the cultural hub of the Pacific rim since people from Latin, Asian, and European countries settle here. With more museums and theatres than any other city in the US and the largest city park in the country, there is always something new and exciting to explore here. Known for the fact that we are the only city to have hosted the Olympics twice, LA is famous for sports venues like the Staples Center home to the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers, NHL’s L.A. Kings, and Dodger Stadium, where the Los Angeles Dodgers have played for the past 50 years. Los Angeles is also home to the USC and UCLA universities that in addition to being acclaimed for their academics programs, have large sports followings. A true world class city with a reputation for the unique.
Hiscox Los Angeles Office
601 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business, too. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Jason Silva, Los Angeles
“Excellent! I called in with a need and within minutes I had what I needed and the transaction was done!”
Michael, Los Angeles County, California
“Excellent choice for small business owners. Would highly recommend. Well designed online system.”
"Excellent, efficient experience. Clear and concise application process. Efficient policy issue. Yes, I would recommend to friends/colleagues No reason not to renew next year.”
Justin, Los Angeles, California
“It was easy and fast. I found it very convenient and easy to purchase.”
Sheri, Orange County, CA
“Very helpful and respond quickly to requests. Through some research I found Hiscox on the internet and after receiving three bids from different insurance agencies, Hiscox was the most affordable. It was simple and pleasant to open an insurance policy and I always get a human answering the phone.”
Erin, Watsonville, CA
"Great Service! Easy to use, quick, convenient, great price. It was one of the easiest things I ever did! I requested an online quote and by the end of the day I had my policy started at an affordable price. I was informed of all my choices before I decided what I really needed. I would definitely recommend to others.”
Keith, Santa Barbara, CA
“Great service! Very professional, personable, warm and knowledgeable! Received document in 2 hrs when I faced a deadline. The price was much less than a colleague's. Have gladly recommended them to others!”
Barbara, San Diego, CA
"Excellent. Fast response, pleasant customer service and overall great experience! I truly appreciate the easy on-line nature of the Hiscox application process. The prices are reasonable and the whole experience was so simple for me as a first-time business insurance applicant.”
Our products have been approved by the California Department of Insurance, and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., and Illinois insurance company whose license number is 8754.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.