Atlanta Small Business Insurance
Speak with a licensed insurance agent: 1-866-283-7545
Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET M–F, 7a –10p ET
Hiscox offers small businesses a new way to buy small business insurance in Georgia (and all other states except Alaska) starting at $22.50 per month either online or over the phone from a licensed agent in minutes. We specialize in general liability insurance, professional liability insurance (also known as errors and omissions insurance) and business owner’s policy. Buy business insurance tailored to your profession starting with a fast, free quote.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A client trips over some wires in front of an IT consultant’s desk and the consultant is legally liable for the injury. We will cover the subsequent claim and related medical expenses up to the individual’s General Liability policy limit of liability.
- Property damage: A realtor is showing a client a home that contains a lot of expensive antiques. During the showing, an expensive vase is broken. The realtor’s professional liability policy could cover the cost to replace the vase.
- Medical expenses: A building inspector needed to hire a consultant to help with a project. He took a candidate on a tour of the job site which was still under construction. The consultant tripped on a piece of equipment, sustaining injuries which required hospitalization. General liability insurance protects building inspectors against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Protection even if you haven’t made a mistake: A consultant is managing the development of a new product for a company. There are some problems with the project which the consultant has no control over and cannot deliver the final product on time. If the company sues the consultant, we will appoint an attorney.
- Negligence: A realtor lists a home for sale in a desirable neighborhood, and it sells quickly. A few months later, a similar home in the same neighborhood is sold at a considerably higher price. The seller of the first home sues the realtor, claiming they underpriced the home. The realtor could be protected by their professional liability policy.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Office insurance for fire and business interruption
- Electronic data loss insurance
- A photographer’s tripod falls over while at a shoot, causing damage to the lens. the photographer has a business owner’s policy which could cover the cost to replace the lens.
Learn more about business owners insurance.
Example professions we insure in Atlanta:
About our Atlanta Hiscox Office
The Hiscox Atlanta office is located just 10 miles from Suntrust Field where the famous Atlanta Braves play, and a half hour from Mercedes Benz Stadium, host of the Atlanta Falcons football team. This office, which serves as Hiscox USA’s headquarters, handles all business insurance for brokers located in the southeast region. Many Hiscox business units are housed in the growing Atlanta office, including Underwriting, Claims, Finance, Operations, IT and the Service Delivery Center. We are proud to offer business insurance in Georgia and the surrounding Southeast region.
Atlanta is the largest city and capital of Georgia and is known for the hospitable yet passionate population. While adhering to its southern roots, it has evolved into an international hub of commerce and diversity. Attracting sporting events such as the Olympics and conferences from a host of international brands, the city is a hub in all aspects of metropolitan activity. From the bustling business core of city center to the outlying attractions such as the Atlanta Aquarium and Zoo, there is a wealth of activity and culture to be found here.
Hiscox Business Insurance, Atlanta Office
5 Concourse Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30328
Fax: 678 731 9501
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 5 Concourse Parkway, 21st Floor, Atlanta, GA 30328.