Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Who needs fitness professionals insurance?
Whether you are a personal trainer, instructor, or studio owner, fitness professional insurance is a major asset to anyone in the fitness industry. Compared to other businesses that are more sedentary and less physical in nature, the insurance needs of fitness businesses vary. Our liability insurance plans are used to protect small fitness club trainers, instructors, gym owners, as well as many other fitness professionals like you.
Hiscox understands that the risks you face are unique to the fitness industry, and that’s why we offer customized insurance to members of varied professions. Fortunately, Hiscox provides fast and free fitness insurance quotes to take the guesswork out of finding a plan that works for you.
Insurance policies available for fitness professionals
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – ideal for fitness businesses like yours.
When is it important to have professional liability insurance as a fitness professional? Examples relevant to your industry include:
- Negligence: While you are leading a yoga class, someone slips and falls, requiring stitches to their face. They allege that you were negligent in supervising the class and demand that you pay their hospital bills. A professional liability insurance policy can negotiate a settlement for this claim, or defend and indemnify you if it goes to suit, up to the policy’s limits of liability.
- Personal Injury: A personal trainer instructs an older client to perform a specific exercise that requires substantial physical exertion. After completing the exercise circuit, the client is overcome with dizziness, experiences chest pain, and is rushed to the hospital. Even though the client had an existing heart condition, he claims that the trainer’s circuit caused his heart attack, as well as mental anguish, and sues for damages. Professional liability insurance could protect you against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend you if needed, even if you haven’t made a mistake.
Fitness professional insurance may help protect you from claims of negligence that allege you didn’t train or instruct a client properly. This specialized insurance may also protect you from a client’s claims of not feeling well after a training session. With each client that trains with you, it’s important to have the right protections in place.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, also known as commercial general liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, personal injury, and damage to property.
Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in the fitness industry. Consider the following real-world examples:
- Damage to client property: While working with a personal trainer, a client puts her gym bag next to a weight rack. The rack is not secured properly and falls over, breaking her cell phone and tablet. The client files a legal claim for reimbursement. General liability insurance may protect against claims for your client’s property damage.
- Personal injury: While at lunch, a pilates instructor is talking to a friend about a client in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this conversation and sues for slander. We may cover the subsequent claim up to the limit of liability and pay for an attorney if necessary.
- Bodily injury: While walking to a personal training session, a client trips over an extension cord. She falls and injures herself. While it was an accident, she blames the personal trainer for not keeping the area clear and files a lawsuit. General liability insurance may protect against third-party claims of property damage, bodily injury, and associated medical costs.
Medical costs can run extremely high even for simple accidents and seemingly minor injuries. As a fitness professional or gym owner, arm yourself with insurance from Hiscox. Our team of experts is prepared to handle claims like these.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why do fitness professionals choose Hiscox?
- Fast and simple: Get online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate fitness insurance coverage. That means no waiting around and wasting valuable face time with clients.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best. You’ll feel more confident with every client.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.7/5 of people surveyed recommended us. You’re passionate about your career, and our agents are passionate about theirs.
- Coverage for contracts: Our fitness professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements. If you work on a contract basis for any portion of your fitness business, this coverage is essential.
We make it easy to find the right insurance for your fitness business. At Hiscox, we put our customers first and are ready to help you make your business more financially secure. Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your fitness business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Michael, Durham, NC
The whole process was great. Very easy to understand and gave me just what I needed, with NO over pricing these policies. Just an easy and straight forward company with what I needed and gave me options as our business grows.
Karen Hall & Co, Allisonville Road fishers, Indiana
“So far so good I’m enjoying the quickness and thorough customer service”
It was very easy simple to take care of the company was very nice
“Spot on for what I needed”
Straight forward and easy to understand. I already knew what I was looking for and didn’t have additional questions. My rating is based on not need any “real” assistance.
Rogelio, Aurora, CO
Good clear and fast communication
Daniel, Homestead, FL
“Highly recommended for anyone owning a small business.”
I gave Hiscox five stars for their very user friendly web site; their professionalism, availability, and reasonable costs.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.