Who needs online apparel store insurance?
Online businesses are a great way to save money on office space with the potential to work from anywhere. If you sell clothing online or if you have an online apparel store, you should take your business one step further towards success by making sure you protect it with clothing store insurance.
You may not realize it, but there are a host of risks unique to the apparel business, but the best way to combat them is with the right apparel store insurance policy.
Insurance policies for online apparel stores
General liability insurance for clothing stores
General Liability (GL) insurance, sometimes called small business liability insurance or commercial liability insurance, provides insurance coverage for your business against claims made by others including bodily injury, damage to property, or personal injury. Here are some scenarios in which a general liability policy could protect your business.
- Bodily injury: Even though you don’t have a physical storefront, a vendor could come to your home office and slip and fall on packing materials. If you work out of your home, homeowners insurance will not cover this, but a general liability policy could.
- Property damage: A representative from a manufacturer comes to your home office to show you fabric swatches. During the course of their visit, your cat jumps onto your desk where the representative’s iPad is sitting and it goes crashing onto the floor. The screen is smashed. A general liability policy could cover the cost to repair or replace the iPad in this situation.
- Products and completed operations: You sell a dress to a customer. After wearing the dress, the customer gets a rash and claims it was due to toxic chemicals used in the process of dying the dress. Although this is probably the fault of the manufacturer, the customer sues you. With a general liability policy, the legal fees you incur to defend yourself could be covered.
Why do online apparel store owners choose Hiscox?
At Hiscox, we understand just how much work goes into being a successful retailer. If you opened up an online store, we can help you reduce your risk with our insurance policies, allowing you to focus on what really matters: providing a top-notch experience to your customers.
Here are six reasons why retailers choose Hiscox above other providers for small business insurance.
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory, or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.8/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Ready to learn more about how Hiscox insurance can help mitigate risk with small business insurance coverage? Get a fast, free quote online. If you have questions, call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a licensed Hiscox insurance agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Richard, Atlanta, GA
Fast accurate painless
Matthew, Naperville, IL
“Easy to signup at Hiscox!”
Purchase experience was very easy.
Benjamin, Wayne, PA
“Great customer support and advice”
Your people have been great – so knowledgeable and helpful. Exceeded my expectations.
Sharon, Portland, OR
“Try Hiscox first – best service and prices anywhere.”
The whole process was easy, quick and very professional. I had applied for the same coverage with two local companies and after filling out many pages of forms, the price was way too high. His cox kept it simple and your pricing is amazing.
Donnell, Las Vegas, NV
The rep was pleasant and assuring. My purchase was expedited efficiently!
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.