To ensure you get the best coverage available, Hiscox has partnered with EMPLOYERS®, America’s small business insurance specialist®, to offer outstanding workers’ compensation insurance. For nearly a century, EMPLOYERS has provided small businesses with cost-effective coverage against on-the-job illness and injury.
Workers’ compensation insurance covers businesses for their statutory and legal obligations for employee expenses that are a direct result of on-the-job injuries and/or illnesses.
Who needs workers’ compensation insurance?
If you have an employee, you should have some form of workers’ compensation insurance.
It is important to note that every state but Texas legally requires businesses to have workers’ compensation insurance coverage, even if they only have one employee. However, even in Texas an estimated 70% of all businesses have workers’ compensation insurance in place, as they are still liable for the costs associated with on-the-job illness and injury.
Why choose an EMPLOYERS workers’ compensation insurance policy?
- Competitive pricing – minimum premiums in most states start at just $500.
- Flexible payment plans – no installment fees if you spread out your payments.
- Fast and efficient claims handling – claims professionals initiate three-point contact between the injured worker, employer, and doctors to help improve communications and control costs.
- A 24/7, multilingual claims reporting center - makes reporting claims easy and convenient.
- A large network of care facilities – EMPLOYERS can help you identify the most appropriate care center, ensuring you are prepared before the need arises.
- Effective loss control – free access to online tools such as Loss Control ConnectionSM, makes it easier to help your employees do safe work and practice accident prevention. The best way to prevent a claim is to stop it at its source.
- Antifraud programs – since 2003, EMPLOYERS’ rigorous fraud-detection efforts have resulted in over $35 million in savings, helping control workers’ compensation insurance rates in your state.
- Financially strong – EMPLOYERS insurance companies are rated 'A-' (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage offered and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states. Minimum premiums vary by state and business classification.
EMPLOYERS® and America's small business insurance specialist® are registered trademarks of Employers Insurance Company of Nevada. Insurance is offered through Employers Compensation Insurance Company, Employers Insurance Company of Nevada, Employers Preferred Insurance Company, and Employers Assurance Company. Not all insurers do business in all jurisdictions.
Administered by Hicox Inc., a Delaware insurance producer licensed in all states and Washington D.C. In California, Hiscox Inc. does business as Hiscox Insurance Agency.