What is General Liability Insurance?
It is one of the most common types of small businesses insurance. Hiscox general liability insurance, also called commercial general liability insurance, which protects your business in a number of ways.
For example, let's say you are visiting a client’s office. And while you're there, your client trips over your briefcase and gets injured – your business may be liable.
This is how our small business general liability insurance coverage will protect you. Your fault or not, we’ll cover your defense costs, which can be damaging to the finances of your small business if you don't have insurance. And if you are found liable, we’ll pay the damage and related medical expenses, up to your policy limit. In today’s environment, every business should consider general liability insurance.
Who needs General Liability Insurance?
You may be wondering if your business, since it’s small, really needs this coverage. You should consider a small business general liability insurance policy if you or your employees:
- Visit a client's place of work, or if the client visits yours. Any accident resulting in bodily injury could lead to a claim against you.
- Have access to a client's equipment. For example, let's say you're an IT/technology consultant, and you accidentally damage a client's server - you could be liable.
- Write or speak about a client's business. A simple mistake could leave you open to a libel or slander claim.
- Use and run the risk of damaging third-party locations related to business activities, e.g., rented offices, training space, conference/event locations, etc.
- Are required to have general liability insurance before entering into a contract. Many clients will demand to see proof that you have at least $1 million in coverage.
Why choose General Liability Insurance from Hiscox?
Hiscox specializes in insuring professional services businesses with 10 employees or less. Our general liability coverage can be customized to your needs and provides great value for the money.
- Buy direct: Hiscox offers general liability insurance that you can buy directly, either online or over the phone from a licensed advisor.
- Comprehensive coverage: Unlike some policies, we cover claims arising from the actions not only of your employees, but also temporary staff.
- Flexible coverage: Our various coverage limits and deductible options help you get the right coverage at the right price.
- Claims responsiveness: We know that any claim can be a distraction to your business. If a covered claim is reported to us, Hiscox will immediately handle the claim and, if necessary, appoint an experienced attorney to defend you, even if the claim has no basis.
- Competitive rates: Our general liability insurance rates can start from as low as $350 annually.
- Payment options: Hiscox offers the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help manage your cash flow.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.