Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for marriage counselors?
If you are a licensed marriage counselor, you can be sued – even if you have done nothing wrong. Your best solution is to protect yourself with liability insurance.
The exact coverage that is best for you depends on the details of your business. Many Hiscox customers seek to optimize their coverage by choosing both professional liability and general liability policies. To assure that you get the best coverage for your business, see the examples below.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is personal trainer insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance for personal trainers? Examples include:
- Loss of personal information: A marriage counselor's receptionist accidentally misplaced a file with sensitive client information. Although it was an accident, the information was compromised and the client sued the marraige counselor. Professional liability insurance could protect the marriage couneslor against claims of negligence and loss of personally identifiable information.
- Negligence: A couple has been seeing a marriage counselor for months seeking counseling to rectify problems in their marriage. During a recent meeting the couple tells the couneslor that the sessions are not doing any good, and they are headed for divorce. They blame the marriage counselor and say that they should have seen the signs of divorce earlier and the couple threatens to sue for professional negligence. Professional liability insurance may protect marriage counselors against claims of negligence even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called commercial general liability (CGL) is personal trainer insurance that protects your business from another person or business's claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: A marriage counselor rents an office in a medical professional building. The married couple get into a heated argument during a session, and the husband tries to leave the office in a fit of anger and falls and fractures his hand. He sues the marriage counselor for pain and suffering and medical costs. General liability insurance could protect you against third party claims for bodily injury.
- Personal injury: A marriage counselor is working with a couple that has an especially volatile relationship. The couple is often out of control and unruly in sessions and frequently doesn’t keep appointments. The counselor informs the couple that he can no longer treat them. The couple is irate and sues the counselor saying this his rejection slandered them, ruined their reputation and kept them from receiving treatment. General liability insurance could protect you if such a claim is made.
- Property damage: While in a client’s home for an in-home counseling session, a marriage counselor accidentally spills their coffee on an expensive area rug in the client's home. A general liability policy could cover the subsequent claim, up to the policy's limits of liability.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why marriage counselors choose Hiscox?
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Passion for service: Knowledgeable agents provide exceptional service – 4.8/5 people surveyed recommend us.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business, too. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Mark in San Clemente, CA
' Excellent Support and Product Knowledge. '
...Staff were knowledgeable about the various insurance options and products. They took their time accurately answering my questions and explaining all my options. I was very pleased with the support and product pricing.
Viterbo in Boston, MA
' Execellent People Providing Customer Focused Service '
The customer service was excellent! it made the difference for me going with Hiscox vs a competitor. The installment plan was also good. The slight drawback was the plan options in-terms of coverage requirements and questions on m ...The customer service was excellent! it made the difference for me going with Hiscox vs a competitor. The installment plan was also good. The slight drawback was the plan options in-terms of coverage requirements and questions on my state's requirements. But the flexibility and helpfulness of the staff made all the difference
Larry in Jackson
' Very helpful, informative and professional. '
Very helpful, informative and professional.
Monica in Arizona
' Quick & Easy '
Getting my quote and policy set up was very easy.
Vick in Los Angeles
Very good ,fast service , I will recommend to my friends Thank you