Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for audiologists?
If you are a licensed audiologist, you can be sued – even if you have done nothing wrong. Your best solution is to protect yourself with liability insurance.
The exact coverage that is best for you depends on the details of your business. Many Hiscox customers seek to optimize their coverage by choosing both professional liability and general liability policies. To assure that you get the best coverage for your audiology business, see the examples below.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Loss of personal information: By mistake, an audiologist misplaces a file with sensitive client information. It was an accident of course, but the information is compromised and the client sues for personally identifiable information. Professional liability insurance could protect audiologists against personally identifiable information claims and will appoint an attorney to defend them if necessary.
- Negligence: An audiology patient has a procedure to remove earwax. A few days afterwards the patient develops an infection in one ear. The patient becomes alarmed and emotionally upset and sues the practitioner. Professional liability insurance could protect you in such a situation.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Client's property damage: An audiologist is visiting a client’s home for an in-home treatment and accidentally damages an expensive wall fixture, breaking it. A general liability policy could cover the subsequent claim, up to the policy's limits of liability.
- Bodily injury: A patient arrives at audiology office for a diagnostic test. It is a rainy day, and the patient slips and falls on the waiting room floor fracturing her elbow and breaking the laptop she was carrying. General liability insurance could protect against claims for her bodily injuries and property damage.
- Lost wages: A client came to the office of an audiologist to discuss possible treatment. While there, the client tripped over an area rug and fell, hitting his head on a desk. The accident resulted in a concussion, the treatment for which required that he stay out of work for six weeks. The client insisted that the audiologist was responsible for his lost wages. General liability insurance could protect audiologists against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why audiologists choose Hiscox:
- Passion for service: Knowledgeable agents provide exceptional service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Philip, Manhattan, NY
“Would re-order Policy anytime again from this firm”
They were persistent in reminding me that I started a policy inquiry and needed to follow through with my purchase to be covered. They were attentive on the phone and made the appropriate changes to my professional liability (E&O) insurance to be more profession/role specific than I had chosen originally. The rep was clear and thoughtful as well as knowledgeable and service-oriented. I would definitely use Hiscox again as well as suggest it in the future to colleagues and friends looking for similar or any type of general liability insurance from a small business perspective. Add this comment to the ITIL category: Continual Service Improvement- Not much needs to be done there - Kudo's Hiscox.
Roberto, Reading, PA
Rep. was knowledgeable and courteous
Diana, Houston, TX
“Wonderful experience. God rates!”
Great! Very responsive! Great customer service.
Marisa, Austin, Texas
John, Sacramento, CA
“First time customer, prices seemed fair, customer service very helpful” Very good, first time I’ve purchased one, so I don’t have anything to compare it with, but everything went smoothly.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.