What is golf instructor insurance?
As a golf instructor, you spend hours on the golf course, teaching students everything from swing technique to putting. But given the nature of this profession, there are certain risks associated with golf instructors that require protection. Injuries, for example, are common and students could claim it was due to your instruction. Or, a client could sue you, claiming that you failed to deliver the agreed-upon services.
Liability insurance from Hiscox can protect you from these types of risks.
Liability insurance may also be required if you are looking to work as an instructor at a club or driving range – many of these places will want to see proof of insurance before you start teaching. With our easy access to ACORD certificate of insurance, you can prove you’re protected.
Example professions we also insure
Golf instructor policies we offer
There are two types of liability insurance that golf instructors should consider to protect themselves on and off the golf course.
This type of insurance is also called errors and omission or E&O insurance. It is essential for golf instructors, like you, to have professional liability insurance to protect yourself against claims made against your golf instructor business. Here are a few hypothetical examples:
- Claims of negligence: You are working with a student on their swing and in the process of them practicing, their back tweaks, and you call off the rest of the lesson. The student sees a doctor for their back pain and sues you for causing the injury, putting you on the hook for the associated medical costs. Having a professional liability policy could protect you if a student makes this type of claim.
- Loss of personal information: In the course of signing up a new student, the form they filled out with personal information, including their emergency contact information and home address, is lost. Since this qualifies as protected health information under HIPPA, the student sues you. If you have a professional liability policy in place, Hiscox may be able to cover the claim.
- Bodily injury: You are showing a student the proper way to swing technique, but the student is standing too close and you accidentally hit them in the head! The student could sue you for the injury they sustained. But with a general liability policy, you may be covered for this claim.
- Property damage: You are on the golf course with a student. As you are getting into the golf cart, your student’s phone falls out of their pocket and you accidentally run over it. Your student could sue you for damage to personal property. However, this situation may be covered if you have a general liability policy.
Why do golf instructors choose Hiscox?
When you have golf instructor insurance, you can put your mind at ease, knowing that Hiscox is there to protect your business. Having the proper insurance policy can even open more doors for you professionally because you can confidently show golf courses, driving ranges, and clubs that your business is protected with business insurance.
Here’s why golf instructors choose Hiscox.
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our golf instructor insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory, or Canada.
- Passion for service: Knowledgeable agents will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your small business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
The service was great! All my needs were taken care of.
"Perfect service" Colin was great and helped me understand everything. Great customer service! The representative was very knowledgeable about the services/products Hiscox offered and helping me to choose the best policy for my company. She made the entire process very easy and the response was quick. She made me feel good about policy I purchased. In today's business world, customer service is the key and I must say I would have to give this representative the highest grade for this skill.”
Lydia, Tallahassee, FL
"Clear, patient and helpful. Absolutely phenomenal service! Very easy process and was not time consuming.”
Stephanie, Midlothian, VA
"Easy as 1 2 3"
Easy to purchase and helpful, friendly customer service
Daryl, Portland, OR
“Wonderful! Very helpful and patient!”
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.